A 16-year-old boy has been charged with attempted murder in connection with a stabbing on Bournemouth seafront. Police were called to Undercliff Drive at East Beach early on Friday morning. A 35-year-old man was taken to hospital with stab wounds.
Detective Constable Jess Fredriksen, of Bournemouth CID, said: "I would like to speak to any witnesses who may have seen suspicious activity in the area before the incident or at the time.
"Anyone with information is asked to contact the police in confidence. A 16-year-old boy from Bournemouth has been arrested and has been charged with attempted murder and possession of an imitation firearm."
A 70-year-old woman, who was the victim of a serious assault in her home in Sompting on Thursday evening, has sadly died in hospital.
Sandra Boakes was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton, with critical injuries after being attacked in her home in Grasmere Avenue, Sompting,
Sadly, Mrs Boakes succumbed to her injuries early on Saturday evening and passed away at the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton. Our thoughts are with her family and friends at this dreadfully tragic time. A post mortem will be held early next week to establish the cause of her death.
– Detective Inspector Gordon Denslow
Dudley Boakes, 79, retired, of Grasmere Avenue, Sompting, Lancing, appeared at Brighton Magistrates' Court yesterday morning, charged with the attempted murder of Sandra Boakes in Sompting on Thursday evening.
He was remanded to appear at Lewes Crown Court on April 25th.
Dudley Boakes, 79, retired, of Grasmere Avenue, Sompting, Lancing, appeared at Brighton Magistrates' Court this morning, charged with the attempted murder of a 70-year-old woman in Sompting on Thursday evening.
He was remanded to appear at Lewes Crown Court on April 25.
The injured woman remains in a critical condition in the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton.
A nineteen year old is due in court charged in connection with a stabbing in Brighton. Two women were attacked in the city at the weekend.
The women were treated for stab wounds at the Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton, after they ran to nearby Western Road where they flagged down a police car just after 3.15am on Sunday, 30 March. Their injuries are not life-threatening.
Detectives who are looking for a suspect in an attempted robbery have released CCTV images of the man.
At 5:29am today, a man went into the Tesco Express on Station Road in West Moors and threatened two members of staff with a pole, demanding they give him money.
One of the members of staff managed to disarm him. Once he did, the offender ran off in the direction of Three Legged Cross.
No one was injured and nothing was stolen.
The suspect had his face covered with a dark coloured hat at the time of the incident but has been described as about 50-years-old and approximately 5ft 8ins tall.
He has very short or no hair and was wearing dark coloured clothes.
Detective Inspector Richard Dixey, of Eastern CID, said, "It is possible that this incident is linked to the robbery at Ladbrokes in West Moors two weeks ago as the description of the offender is similar.
"I urge anyone who recognises the man pictured to contact me."
Witnesses should call Dorset Police on 101 quoting incident number 14:43
A 25-year-old man from Basingstoke has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a man was left with gunshot wounds.
Hampshire detectives are continuing with their investigation into the incident which is believed to have happened in Bennett Close on Friday 25th October.
A 29-year-old man from Basingstoke attended Basingstoke and North Hampshrie Hospital on Monday evening with gunshot wounds to his legs and buttocks.
He is still being treated for his injuries in hospital but they are not life threatening.
The information we have so far suggests this was an isolated, targeted attack and there is no risk to the wider public. I’d like to thank everyone who has assisted us so far with our investigations, and ask anyone who has any information and hasn’t yet spoken to us to get in touch.”
– DI Stephen Spencer, who is leading the investigation