Live updates

  1. Sarah Saunders @SSaundersITV

VIDEO: Could this be Britain's biggest baby?

A first-time mother from Kent thinks her baby son might just be Britain's biggest baby.

Diana Kuznetsova from Lower Hardres HARDZ near Canterbury was delighted to welcome her son Jack Castle into the world - two weeks past his due date.

Since then, Jack has grown, and grown, and grown. He's now the size of some one-year-olds - and shows no signs of slowing down. Not bad for 14 weeks.

Sarah Saunders, went along to meet them.

Advertisement

Is this Britain's biggest baby?

Jack Castle was born at 11lbs 11oz Credit: ITV Meridian

A first-time mother from Kent thinks her three month-old son - might just be Britain's biggest baby.

A couple from Lower Hardres near Canterbury were delighted to welcome their son Jack into the world - two weeks past his due date.

Since then young Jack Castle has grown to the size of some 1-year olds in his first 14 weeks.

Cot warning after seven-week-old baby dies in Sussex

7-week-old Grace Roseman died in Bednest crib

A coroner has expressed concern over a bedside cot after a newborn baby from Haywards Heath was killed while she slept.

Seven-week-old Grace Roseman died while using a crib which could be joined onto her parents' bed.

She had manoeuvred herself over the edge of the Bednest - cutting off the supply of oxygen to her brain.

Grace Roseman was sleeping in a Bednest like this when she died. Credit: Bednest

‘We are greatly saddened and extend our heartfelt condolences to Grace’s parents.

We are doubly upset to hear this news, since the concept behind Bednest’s design is first and foremost about baby health and safety and came originally from highly experienced neo-natal nurses.

It is not the case that the coroner has called the cot “dangerous” and asked for it to be withdrawn.

The coroner has highlighted that all safety guidelines for the correct use of the crib are laid out in the instruction manual, but due to a growing second-hand market for our Bednest cribs, these instruction manuals may not be passed on. This may be, sadly, what happened with Grace’s crib.

We are now considering displaying basic instructions on the side of the crib itself.'

– Spokesperson for Bednest

Dad killed baby after she made noise while he played computer game

Mark Sandland killed five-week-old Aimee-Rose Credit: Sussex Police

A father from East Sussex who killed his baby daughter after being frustrated by her screaming as he tried to play a computer game has been jailed for eight years.

Mark Sandland, 28, picked up five-week-old Aimee-Rose and shook her during a sudden loss of temper, prosecutors said.

He claimed he had suffered an epileptic fit and came round to find his daughter underneath him at their flat in Church Road, St Leonards-on-Sea.

Sandland had denied the charge of murder but admitted manslaughter when he appeared at Southwark Crown Court.

After the hearing, Detective Inspector Jon Fanner from Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team said: "I welcome the plea to manslaughter. The judge found there were significant aggravating circumstances and today he has been sentenced to eight years in prison."

Advertisement

Baby born after high speed motorway police chase

Baby Lola and Sgt Simon Goss Credit: Hampshire Police

A Hampshire woman gave birth of the side of the motorway after the police stopped her 100mph dad as he drove her to hospital.

Tiffany Ellmore on the M275 motorway at 10.15pm on Friday evening after the police pursuit.

Four unmarked police vehicles surrounded the family car as the baby's head started to appear, in which Tiffany's dad Colin delivered the baby.

The officers present phoned an ambulance which took mother and baby to Queen Alexandra Hospital in Cosham, Portsmouth.

Tiffany, who has three other children, was 38-weeks pregnant and had started having contractions around 4pm.

Baby Lola Mia Rose weighed a healthy 6lb 4oz and was discharged home on Saturday.

Police said no action would be taken over the M275 drama.

Load more updates