A man has been arrested for allegedly sending offensive tweets about murdered toddler James Bulger.
Sussex detectives arrested a 62-year old man in Bexhill on Thursday 22 May, on suspicion of sending offensive Twitter messages, contrary to the Malicious Communications Act 1993.
He was interviewed and bailed until 28 August while enquiries continue.
Officers are co-ordinating their enquiries with Merseyside Police as the Twitter messages were initially reported to that force, but the investigation in Bexhill is being carried out by Sussex Police.
A schoolboy from Bexhill who went missing earlier in the week has now been found.
Jake Gillespie, aged 15, was reported missing after he failed to arrive at school but has now returned home safe and well.
Police are asking for the public's help to find a missing teenager from Bexhill. Jake Gillespie, who's 15, failed to turn up for school on Tuesday morning. Police believe Jake may be staying with friends in Hastings.
Sgt Dave Gill said: "Jake has in fact been missing since Saturday but he arrived home in Elderwood Close, Bexhill, for a short time on Monday morning and has not returned. We are asking Jake to get in touch to say he is OK.
We know Jake frequents skate parks in Hastings and it's possible that he may be staying with friends in the town. Local officers are aware that he has been reported missing." Anyone who knows where he is is asked to contact police. Jake is white, 5' 4'', pale with a teddy boy-style blonde haircut.
Sussex Police are growing concerned for a missing teenager from Bexhill-on-Sea who hasn't been seen since the end of March.
Jake Gillespie, who is 15-years-old, was last seen at his home on Elderwood Close.
It's thought he was going to catch his bus to school in St Leonards but he never turned up.
He is also thought to have returned home on Sunday 30th March to get some clothes but he was never physically seen by his family.
There have been sightings of Jake in the Hastings town centre but it is not known where he is now.
Anyone who has seen Jake or thinks they have seen him are asked to call 101, quoting 1516 of 1/4.
Archaeologists from Oxford surveying the site of a controversial road scheme have found flint tools dating back 12,000 years. The scientists have been carrying out excavations along the route of the Bexhill to Hastings link road in Sussex.
Protesters say the road is unnecessary and a blight on the landscape.
But its construction is giving archaeologists a unique opportunity to discover more about the way our ancient ancestors lived. Malcolm Shaw reports.
British Transport Police have released images of a man they want to speak to in connection with an assault on a member of staff at Bexhill train station.
A man became aggressive and grabbed the staff member's arm in the booking hall in September. The victim was shaken up, but not hurt.
PC Pete Cooke, based at BTP Brighton, said, "Train staff are paid to do a job serving the public, not to receive abuse, and we will not tolerate any attacks of this nature."
At about 1.05am on Thursday 29 August a green Citroen Saxo car collided with a parked van in Holliers Hill, Bexhill.
One of the four people in the car, a man, ran off and the three other occupants were taken to hospital.
One of them, a 19-year old man, sadly died at the Conquest Hospital in Hastings, and the other two, a man aged 18 and a woman aged 19, were taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton with serious but not life threatening injuries.
Enquiries are ongoing to trace the man who ran off.
A couple from Eastbourne in Sussex have been jailed for eight years and two-and-a-half-years respectively for historic sex offences against children.
Ian St Claire was found guilty of 16 offences in relation to attacks on two vulnerable boys in Bexhill and Eastbourne.
Gillian St Claire was jailed for three offences of ill treating and neglect.
A veteran of the Second World War, who was captured by the Germans in 1940 and survived The Long March of 1945, has told his remarkable story in a memoir. 94-year-old Arthur Butler, from Bexhill in Sussex, saw many fellow PoWs freeze and starve to death. John Ryall reports.
Up to 450 homes are without water in the village of Ninfield in East Sussex. South East Water say it's due to a series of power cuts in the Bexhill area which means the company's pumps are unable to operate and move water around the network.
Simon Robertson from South East Water, said: “Our Technicians have been working hard overnight and throughout today to pump water back into the reservoir, however levels remain low and consequently up to 450 properties in the Ninfield area are without water.
“Bottled water is available for local residents to collect in the car park of The Blacksmith’s Inn, High Street, Ninfield.”