The M40 southbound near Bicester is now fully open after a crash involving two lorries in the early hours of Saturday morning.
The M40 southbound between junctions 9 at Bicester and 8a at Thame is now open following an earlier collision.
The drivers of two lorries had a lucky escape after colliding on the M40 in Oxfordshire in the early hours of the morning.Read the full story ›
Thames Valley Police have thanked the public for sharing an appeal to find a man from Bicester. The 58 -year-old who went missing in Oxford yesterday has been found safe today.
Concern is growing for the welfare of a man from Bicester who has gone missing. Fifty-eight year-old Peter Kavanagh was last seen in the High Street in the Headington area of Oxford, at about 4.15pm on Saturday 25th February.
He has been described as being a white man with green eyes and facial stubble. He is about 5ft 8ins tall with a slim build.
The Investigating Officer, Sgt Philip Ansell made an appeal for information.
“If anyone sees Peter please contact police as soon as possible on 101 giving reference 995 (25/2).
“Peter does not know Oxford very well so the fact he is missing in the city is extremely concerning.
“Peter, if you read this appeal please make contact with your family or the police so we know you are safe.”
Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman was sexually assaulted in Bicester.
The victim, a woman in her thirties was walking along Chapel Street just before 9pm on Thursday when she was approached by a man who then assaulted her.
The man ran away in the direction of Priory Road.
The offender is aged in his late twenties to early thirties, approximately 5ft 7ins to 5ft 9ins, and had stubble on his chin. He was wearing a black hooded jumper and dark trousers.
“I would like to speak to anyone who has any information about this incident in which a woman was sexually assaulted. Specially-trained officers are offering support to the victim and detectives are working to identify and locate the offender.
“I would also like to appeal to anyone in Chapel Street or the vicinity who has CCTV footage which may be useful to the investigation, to contact police.
“You may see officers patrolling in the area and any members of the public who have any concerns, or any information, can approach and speak to an officer in the area.”
The first food distribution scheme of its kind in the region is set to begin in Bicester in Oxfordshire today.
A new branch of Tesco - which opens at 8am today - will pioneer a service which will see surplus food donated to a foodbank. The store is looking for more charities to sign up to receive unsold fruit, vegetables and packaged foods. The FareShare FoodCloud is being carried out in conjunction with the organisation FareShare.
The initiative follows a pilot scheme at 14 stores last year after which 22 tonnes of food was donated to more than 50 charities.
“No food that can be eaten should go to waste. We’re really excited to start working on this initiative to ensure that any unsold food we have is made use of. We are looking forward to forging strong links with local charities and community groups in Bicester, and to use this initiative to support their efforts to help vulnerable people in our community.”
The Ministry of Justice has announced magistrates courts in Aylesbury, Bicester and Newbury will be shut down.Read the full story ›
Hotel chain Travelodge says it is opening 19 new sites - including at Poole and Bicester - creating 450 jobs.
It says it has identified a further 250 locations for possible development this year.
The company says it will be investing £140m into the expansion which will take its total number of hotels to 542.
A prompt emergency call saved two houses in Caversfield from serious fire damage.
At 4:42pm yesterday Oxfordshire County Council Fire and Rescue Service were called to reports of a large garden shed on fire in Turnpike Road, Caversfield, near Bicester.
Within minutes a crew from Bicester arrived to find a severe fire which was spreading to the rear of two domestic properties. Additional fire engines were immediately requested and Firefighters tackled the fire using two water jets, a high pressure hose reel and thermal imaging cameras.
Fire engines from Bicester, Kidlington, Banbury and Buckingham attended the fire, which is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault. The occupants of all the houses evacuated safely and there were no injuries.
“Thankfully the fire was discovered very quickly and the occupier immediately dialed 999. Fires of this nature grow rapidly and the prompt actions of both the caller and firefighters ensured the damage to both houses was only external. A delay of even a few minutes would likely have resulted in the fire spreading inside both properties.”