Three men have been arrested in connection with the death of a man who was found lying on a footpath in Southampton.
Police were alerted at 1.50pm yesterday after the man, 32, was found in Golden Grove.
A post mortem examination will be carried out later by a Home Office pathologist to establish a cause of death although a Hampshire police spokeswoman said there was "no obvious traumatic injury".
She added that the death was being treated as unexplained.
Officers have been conducting house-to-house inquiries in the area and are examining CCTV footage.
Extra police patrols were also being laid on to provide reassurance to residents.
Police are continuing their investigation today following the death of a 32-year-old man in Golden Grove, Southampton yesterday (Friday, March 20).
Officers were alerted at 1.50pm after a man was found lying on the a footpath. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
There was no obvious traumatic injury, and a post mortem examination is being conducted today by a Home Office pathologist to help determine the cause of death.
Three men, all in their early forties, have been arrested in connection with the death and are currently in custody.
Officers have been conducting house-to-house inquiries in the area and are examining CCTV.
Police officers will be out amongst the community in Golden Grove today to speak to residents and address any concerns they may have.
Anyone with information regarding this incident should call 101 and quote Operation Screen. Alternatively, information can be left with Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555 111.
Police are investigating whether a Hastings man, whose body was found at a waste disposal site in West Sussex, may have fallen asleep in a bin.
Ben Far, from St Leonards, was discovered at the Rudford Industrial estate near Ford on Tuesday.
A post mortem examination showed the 28-year-old died from being crushed.
Detective Inspector Jim McKnight said:
Police have identified a man who was found dead at a waste centre in Ford as 28-year-old Ben Farr.
The post mortem revealed he died from crushing injuries. His family have been informed.
Police were called shortly before 9am on Tuesday to reports a body had been found at the Rudford Industrial Estate near Ford.
Detective Inspector Jim McKnight said: "It is likely that Ben's body was brought to the site by lorry having been taken from a commercial refuse bin. The refuse bin could be from a number of locations but is likely to be from a coastal location in West Sussex.
"His death is being treated as unexplained and the investigation is ongoing into the circumstances. We are appealing to anyone who may have seen or heard from Ben from 15 April to contact police with information as we are trying to build up a picture of his movements."
Investigations will continue today into the death of a man whose body was found at a waste site near Ford in West Sussex.
A post-mortem examination is due to be carried out.
Police say they are treating his death as unexplained.
A man's body has been found at a waste site on an industrial estate in West Sussex.
The body was discovered at Rudford Industrial Estate near Ford.
Sussex Police are investigating the scene and have said the man's death is being treated as unexplained.
The site where the body was found lies to the east of Ford Open Prison.
Police have launched an investigation after a man's body was washed up on the beach at Hythe in Kent. Officers were called to Princes Parade just before 4pm this afternoon.
The body has now been removed and police are working to formally identify the man, and inform his next of kin. His death is being treated as unexplained.
A man's body was found by coastguards at 730am this morning in the sea off Ramsgate, Kent.
Police were alerted by the coastguards and initial enquiries would suggest he is not British.
There is nothing to suggest this is a suspicious death.
It is unexplained and enquiries are underway to establish his identity.
Officers are also liaising with their European counterparts to see if there have been any missing fisherman or other foreign nationals reported as missing.
A 31-year-old man arrested on Saturday night in connection with the murder of Kevin Wyeth remains in custody.
Officers have been granted a further extension to continue questioning the man until Tuesday, August 27.
A 25-year-old Southampton woman arrested on Saturday (August 24) in connection with the murder of Kevin Wyeth has been released from police custody without charge.