Dane Bowers admits Butlins threats

Dane Bowers has been given a conditional discharge after he shouted and swore at door staff at a nightclub at a Butlins in Bognor Regis

Sandra Hall, missing woman

Help find missing Sandra

Sussex Police are renewing their appeal for help to find a missing woman - Sandra Hall from Bognor Regis.

Tesco car park, Bognor Regis

Supermarket car park flooded

Parts of West Sussex are under water as the impact of heavy rain in the region is felt for a second day.

Live updates

Concerns for missing Bognor woman

Debbie Ward hasn't been seen since Sunday Credit: Sussex Police

Police are increasingly concerned for the welfare and safety of a woman missing from Bognor Regis.

41-year old Debbie Ward, of Priestley Way, Bognor, left home in her T-reg Toyota Landcruiser at lunchtime on Sunday 13 July.

Her family, who reported her missing to police later that afternoon, have not heard from her since, and her car was found parked, with keys still in the ignition and windows open, at a quay at Langstone, between Havant and Hayling Island in Hampshire, at lunchtime on Monday 14 July.

Debbie had been depressed recently and her husband and children are desperately worried for her.

She is described as white, 5'9", with green eyes and long blonde straight hair.

Sussex officers investigating her disappearance have been working with colleagues in Hampshire, who are searching the mud flats and other open areas around Langstone Harbour.

Advertisement

Woman raped in Bognor whilst walking home

Police are investigating after a woman was raped in Bognor in the early hours of Saturday morning. A 23-year-old woman was walking home after getting money out at Tesco Express on Station Road when she was approached by a man on a bike.

He offered to walk her home as she was upset because her plans with friends had not happened. They walked along Royal Norfolk News towards Swansea Gardens. The man pushed the woman against a van by a garage block at Norfolk Square and raped her. The woman ran towards West Street.

She was collected by a friend. Detective Inspector Mark Cullimore said:

"This man offered to walk this woman home before raping her and we are appealing to anyone who might have seen a woman walking with a man with a bike between Station Road and West Street. The victim is obviously very distressed by what happened and we are giving her support by specially trained officers.

"The suspect is described as having a Birmingham accent and being in his 20s. He is slim, around 5' 8" with short brown hair and stubble and was wearing a grey hooded tracksuit and bagging trousers.

– Detective Inspector Mark Cullimore

Beach lifeguards on patrol at Bognor Regis for first time

The new lifeguards at Bognor have been fully trained in the use of lifesaving equipment Credit: RNLI/James Oxley

Lifeguards will be patrolling the beach in Bognor Regis this summer for the first time. The new service from the RNLI, on behalf of Arun District Council, is being launched this weekend.

The lifeguards will be on patrol from 10am - 6pm every day from Saturday 5th July until the 7th September.

The lifeguards will also be offering swimming safety tips to holidaymakers Credit: RNLI

Teams will be equipped with the latest lifesaving equipment including rescue tubes, defibrillators and spinal boards.

The lifeguards will operate from two lifeguard hubs on the beach Credit: RNLI

RNLI Lifeguard Manager Rory Smith said: "We're delighted to team up with Arun District Council to help keep visitors to Bognor Regis's beach safe during the summer.

"Building on the expertise we have developed through 13 years of providing beach patrols elsewhere on the coast, our new lifeguards have been training hard in preparation for the season's opening on Saturday 5 July.

"Bognor is a busy seaside resort which attracts lots of tourists and locals to its beaches and our lifeguards will be keeping them safe throughout the summer months."

England fan has close shave with Steven Gerrard

Stevie G makes a special appearance Credit: Daren Terry

Footy fan Kai Ward has shown how he is backing England in the World Cup by having an image of Steven Gerrard shaved into the back of his head.

Let's hope we can beat Uruguay!! Credit: Daren Terry

Kai Ward, from Bognor Regis, had his close shave with the England captain after he visited stylist Daren Terry.

England fan Kai Ward Credit: Daren Terry

After the defeat against Italy the taxi driver will be hoping that that the team are a cut above the rest when they face Uruguay.

Advertisement

£1.6m to boost economies in Sussex towns

Bognor Regis will be given £1.6m to boost the economy and improve public spaces. The Sussex town secured the grant from the Coastal Communities Fund, a scheme to regenerate seaside towns and villages.

Newhaven will also receive £1.9 million from the Fund.

The Sussex towns secured the grants after successful bids by Lewes District Council and Adur District Council for a share of £27.7 million of funding for more than 50 projects across the UK.

In Newhaven the money will be spent on developing existing Denton Island facilities including new Innovation Space at the Enterprise Centre, more nursery space, new training rooms and a café.

Sussex schoolboy missing from Bognor Regis

Edgaras Savcenko was last seen leaving The Regis School in the town, where he is a pupil, at midday on Friday (31 January). He is Lithuanian but can speak both Polish and English.

Police say there have been several reported sightings of Edgaras since then but they do not know where he is. Anyone with information should call 101 quoting serial 421 of 1/2 or email 101@sussex.pnn.police.uk.

When Edgaras was last seen he was wearing a blue and purple body warmer, a silver or grey hooded top, grey trousers with green writing on them and white Nike trainers. Given his age and lack of contact with his family we are eager for Edgar to get in touch. He has been known to spend time at the skate park in Bognor Regis and also has friends in Chichester. Please contact us if you have seen him or if you know where he could be.

– Detective Inspector Jim Mcknight, Sussex Police

Littlehampton RNLI call-outs in rough sea

The crew of the Littlehampton lifeboat station were called on Friday afternoon to reports of a sailboarder in the rough water separated from his board.

The station's boat was launched at 3.36pm and headed out in gale conditions with an incoming tidal swell to the casualty in Bognor Regis.

The 5.5 mile journey took around 15 minutes and during their route it was reported the casualty had made his own way to the shore and needed no medical assistance.

On route to recovering the man's board, the crew received a call reporting another sailboarder in difficulty off Littlehampton beach.

The RNLI's on-board camera captures the action Credit: RNLI

The caller said they had lost sight of both the victim and his board.

The boat changed course in anticipation for a search and a second crew boat was launched at 4.14pm.

While the crews were searching at sea the coastguards checked vehicles near the main board launching areas, and spoke with other sailboarders to see if any off them were missing or saw anything unusual.

It was concluded that all were accounted for and the boats returned by 5.10pm.

Load more updates

Advertisement

Today's top stories