A fourth man has been sentenced to eighteen years in prison for the manslaughter of twenty one year-old Reece James from Bournemouth. Reece James was shot at his flat at the junction of Roumelia Lane and Sea Roadin Boscombe, on Wednesday 25th July 2012.
Twenty five year old Jarome Parkinson, from London, was found guilty of manslaughter on Thursday 6 June 2013. The Honourable Mrs Justice Nicola Davies, told him : “I believe a sentence of 18 year’s imprisonment will give you time to reflect on your life and the crime you have committed.”
Kieron Kenroy Wellington, aged 30 and of no fixed abode, and two London men – Wayne Stephenson, aged 34, and Keifer Hutchinson, aged 23, were also found guilty of manslaughter on Thursday 6 June 2013. They were sentenced to 16 years in prison on Friday 7 June 2013 at Winchester Crown Court.
Four men have admitted fatally shooting a Bournemouth man at his home.
21-year-old Reece James was shot dead in his flat in Boscombe on Wednesday July, 27.
The four men were found guilty of manslaughter today and will be sentenced tomorrow, Friday June, 7.
After the death of Reece James, Dorset Police's Major Crime Investigation Team started a search across the South, which led officers to London and Kent areas.
Detective Superintendent Pam Trevillion, said: “This verdict comes at the end of a complex investigation by Dorset Police working together with our colleagues at the Metropolitan Police and Kent Police as well as the Crown Prosecution Service."
The company which built the artificial surf reef in Dorset has ceased trading. Boscombe's £3.2m reef has been out of action since May last year after it was damaged by a boat propeller. New Zealand based ASR limited was due to carry out repairs.
Bournemouth Borough Council says its liquidation was unlikely to affect its plans to restore it, and it will continue to pursue an insurance claim for the damage. The reef, made of 55 giant sand-filled bags 740ft out at sea, opened in November 2009 after lengthy delays and running over budget.
Dorset Police have released a statement after charging a further two people in connection with the death of 21-year-old Reece Menzies in Boscombe.
Four men from London and a woman from Bournemouth, have been charged in connection with his murder in July 2012.
Two people will appear before magistrates today charged with the murder of a 21-year-old man in Dorset.
Reece Menzies was discovered at his flat on Romelia Lane in Boscombe on the 25th July.
It's understood that he was shot in the early hours of that morning.
A 29-year-old man from London and a Bournemouth woman, aged 22, were charged yesterday.
Three other men all from London were charged with Reece's murder last month.
Three men are due before magistrates in Bournemouth later charged with the murder of a 21-year-old man in Boscombe. Reece Menzies was found dead at his home in Bournemouth on July 25th.
Detectives in Bournemouth investigating a murder in the Boscombe area of the town are issuing a further appeal for witnesses to come forward.
Officers are seeking information regarding two vehicles that were seen in the area between 2am and 3am on Wednesday 25 July 2012.
DCI Pam Trevillion said: “We are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen these vehicles or has any information about them.”
The first vehicle is a small silver or grey hatchback, parked outside Whistons baby and toy shop in Sea Road in Boscombe.
The second vehicle of interest is a dark coloured hatchback seen in Roumelia Lane.
Detectives are also appealing for any friends or acquaintances of the victim, Reece James Menzies, to contact police as soon as possible.
Police investigating a murder in Dorset are trying to trace two 'hatchback' cars. It's believed the shooting of Reece Menzies in Boscombe in Bournemouth last Wednesday was a gang related attack.
A 22-year-old man who was arrested has been released on bail.
Police have arrested a 22 year old man in connection with a shooting in the Boscombe area of Bournemouth.
A murder investigation was launched after a 21 year old man from London was found dead at an address at the junction of Roumelia Lane and Sea Road.
Detective Chief Inspector Kevin Connolly, of Dorset Police’s Major Crime Team, said: "I believe this was a pre-planned and targeted attack by a number of offenders.
“We are following various lines of enquiries in an extensive investigation "
“I would like to reassure the community there is no immediate concern for the safety of the public.
“I would like to renew my earlier appeals and urge any witnesses and anyone with information to contact Dorset Police in confidence as soon as possible.
Anyone with information should call 101.
Members of the Boscombe community have spoken out after a man was found shot dead. Police have launched a murder investigation after the body was discovered early yesterday morning. The man in his 20s hasn't been identified.