A project to revitalise the Royal Pavilion Estate in Brighton has been given a funding boost of £5 million.
The Heritage Lottery Fund has earmarked the sum for the project, subject to plans being successfully developed to the next stage for which they are providing development funding of £176,000 upfront.
Residents of Brighton and Hove will find out today whether a long running dispute between binmen and the council is over. Refuse drivers have been offered a review of their job descriptions by the council who have said they will come back to them by the end of December.
Drivers first walked out in a series of strikes in a row over pay and following a break down in talks with the council.
Some say it could be one of the biggest attractions on the south coast. Others fear it could turn into a giant white elephant. Councillors have decided the i360 tower will go ahead.
The viewing tower, standing 175 metres high, would offer panoramic views across the sea and the city. But the cost would be more than £46 million. So will it be money well-spent? Malcolm Shaw reports.
Brighton Speed trials have been saved in a vote by Brighton & Hove City Council. The annual motoring event along the seaside was placed under threat because of safety fears.
However supporters held a petition gathering thousands of signatures backing the event.
The UK's only Green MP is calling for a second train line between Brighton and London. Caroline Lucas says the existing line is overcrowded and under too much strain. Opening up the Lewes to Uckfield route again could be one option - a proposal which has huge support. Charlotte Wilkins reports.
Childhood obesity is one of the most serious global public health challenges for the 21st century. But obese children and adolescents are at an increased risk of developing various health problems, and are also more likely to become obese adults.
So now groundbreaking work in Brighton & Hove is helping children stay within recommended weight levels, and the city is bucking the national trend. Charlotte Wilkins has the story.
The next, free, Family Shape Up programme starts on Thursday 23rd January, 5.30 - 7pm.
Sessions run every Thursday for 12 weeks. There's a taster session on Thursday 16th January from 5.30 - 6.30pm at the Brighthelm centre, North Road, Brighton.
For more information go to [http://www.bhfood.org.uk/
Earlier this month, ITV News revealed that Brighton and Hove's homelessness problem had risen by a shocking 35 per cent in two years.
Today a significant step was taken to address the problem as more than 30 homeless people began moving into a development made out of old shipping containers which have been converted in to studio flats.
Charlotte Wilkins speaks to Richard, who's just moved in; Andy Winter from Brighton Housing Trust and Councillor Bill Randall, who's Chair of Housing at Brighton and Hove City Council.
It's the jewel in Brighton's crown - and today a £34 million make-over plan was revealed for the Royal Pavilion estate. Over a million people visit the iconic palace, Brighton Dome and museums every year - but there are vital repairs needed - to make it sustainable for the future.
Charlotte Wilkins has been given a tour and has spoken to Brighton and Hove City Council Leader Cllr Jason Kitcat and Chief Executive of Brighton Dome and Festival , Andrew Comben.
Sussex police are appealing for help from train passengers to help find a man wanted over a series of burglaries.
36-year-old Mark Vine is wanted for questioning over more than a dozen break-ins in Hassocks and Ditchling.
Police think he could be in areas such as Brighton and Hove, Porstmouth or Mid Sussex and is using trains to get around.
In each case the homes were entered and searched after the owners went out in the middle of the day.
The thieves took thousands of pounds worth of expensive jewellery during the burglaries as well as computers, cash, cameras and collectable ornaments.
Mark Vine is described as white, 5'8" and of proportionate build. He has short black hair and green eyes.
A reward of £500 is now being offered for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of whoever is responsible for the burglaries.
The annual naked bike ride takes place in Brighton and Hove this Sunday. Up to a thousand riders are expected to take part in the nine-mile route through the city. They'll gather at Preston Park from 12 noon for a 1.30pm start. The route takes in Hove Lawns