Striker Bobby Zamora has joined Brighton for a second time - 15 years after beginning his first spell with Albion.
The 34-year-old former England international was a free agent after leaving QPR and has signed a one-year deal, Brighton announced on Monday evening.
Zamora joined Albion for £100,000 in the summer of 2000 and scored 83 goals in three seasons, helping the Seagulls win back-to-back championships in 2001 and 2002, before moving to Tottenham for a record transfer fee received of £1.5m.
Subsequent moves to West Ham, Fulham and QPR followed and now he is back at Brighton.
Brighton extend their unbeaten home run to six matches as stubborn Doncaster were handed a 1-0 defeat at the Amex Stadium.Read the full story ›
Charlton have taken a 3-1 lead over Brighton in the early Championship kick-off. Brighton took the lead through Ulloa after 22 minutes, but Charlton hit back with two goals from Wilson and another from Kermorgant.
AFC Bournemouth will be eager to record their first win in six games as they take on play-off chasing Brighton tomorrow afternoon.Read the full story ›
The man credited with saving Brighton and Hove Albion football club is being honoured by the University of Brighton.
Dick Knight, the former club chairman who rescued the club after its home at the old Goldstone Ground in Hove closed, is to receive a Master of Arts on Friday July 26.
The news came as plans were agreed for land at Brighton Racecourse to offer park and ride facilities for up to 700 cars for Albion matches.
The land has been used in this way on a temporary basis for the last two years.
The club has been criticised for traffic problems on the A27 leading up to the Amex Stadium on match days.
Brighton and Hove Albion have upheld their dismissal of former manager Gus Poyet for gross misconduct.
A statement released by the club today said:
"Following a suspension, investigation, disciplinary meeting, and separate appeal hearing, conducted by three members of the club's board on 11th July and 12th July, Brighton & Hove Albion today confirmed that after further consideration Gus Poyet's dismissal for gross misconduct has been upheld.
"The panel's decision was delivered to Gus Poyet and his advisers a short time ago.
"The club's internal disciplinary process is now complete. In line with the club's policy to ensure and maintain confidentiality and dignity throughout this process, no further details of the disciplinary or appeal hearings will be released at this time.
"Despite the extremely disappointing end to Mr Poyet's career with Brighton & Hove Albion, the club would like to acknowledge Mr Poyet's service to the club, which included leading the club to the League One championship in 2011 and to its highest league finish for more than 30 years in 2013."
Gus Poyet says he intends to appeal against his dismissal as manager of Brighton and Hove Albion. The Uruguayan says he only learned of his sacking while appearing on live TV last night.
But the club says Poyet knew his dismissal was imminent. The manager fell out of favour when the Seagulls failed to gain promotion to the Premiership. Watch Malcolm Shaw's report.
A spokesman for Brighton and Hove Albion FC said: "In relation to comments made by Gus Poyet on BBC Match of the Day last night, the club would like to point out that its disciplinary panel considered the matter on the afternoon of Friday 21st June and for most of Saturday 22nd June.
"The club spent much of Sunday 23rd June in discussion with Gus and his representatives. For legal reasons we cannot say anything about the content of those discussions but Gus was well aware, before he appeared on the BBC last evening, that his dismissal was pending.
"Given Gus has a right to appeal the decision to dismiss him, the club will not be making any further comment on this matter at this time."
Gus Poyet is set to launch an appeal against his dismissal as Brighton manager after he learned he had been sacked on live TV last night.Read the full story ›
Gus Poyet is set to launch an appeal against his dismissal as Brighton manager after he learned he had been sacked on live TV last night.
Brighton revealed Poyet's three-and-a-half-year tenure had been terminated following a decision by the npower Championship club's internal disciplinary panel into a, so far, unidentified matter.
The statement claimed the club had informed Poyet of the decision, however, the stunned boss refuted that live on air after learning the news while acting as a pundit on the BBC for the Confederations Cup.