Live updates

Advertisement

Six year old died from carbon monoxide fumes while camping

Forensic officers examine the tent six year old Isabelle Harris was sleeping in Credit: PA

Police are today warning members of the public about the dangers of taking a barbecue into a tent or confined space following the death of a six-year-old girl at a campsite in the New Forest.

During the early hours of April 6, 2012, officers were called to the site at Holmsley where paramedics were treating Isabelle Harris. The little girl was taken to Southampton General Hospital by ambulance and pronounced dead a short time later.

Today, at an inquest held in Bournemouth, the coroner recorded a verdict of accidental death, after it was found that Isabelle, from Gosport, died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Advertisement

Today's top stories