A care home is at the centre of a murder investigation following the death of a 96-year-old woman resident.
Detectives said that they were treating the death of elderly Ethel Baldwin at the Abbey House Care Home, as suspicious. Today a 36-year-old woman was being held in the police cells after being arrested on suspicion of murder.
The investigation was launched after Ethel died at the home in Netley Abbey, Hants., on 13 September.
A post mortem examination examination was carried out on Tuesday.
He went on the run from his care home in Sussex and sparked a police alert. But Normandy veteran Bernard Jordan has now arrived back home in Hove - to a hero's welcome. He'd made his own way to the D-Day commemorations after missing an official trip across the Channel.
This report by David Johns, which starts with flash photography, features Bernard Jordan describing his trip.
Families who have relatives at a dementia care home in Poole, which is facing closure, say they're worried about the effect the upheaval could have on their loved ones. Mitchell House, which has 80 staff and 45 residents, is set to close in the summer.
Relatives have begun a petition campaign to try and save it. Poole Council says the buildings need modernising and moving the residents elsewhere will save £107,000 a year.
ITV Meridian spoke to Teresa Blake, the niece of a resident at the care home.
Today the relatives of dozens of vulnerable, elderly people made a last ditch attempt to prevent four of the south's care homes from closing.
Hampshire County Council want to close Deeside in Basingstoke - along with Bulmer House in Petersfield and two other homes in Romsey and in the New Forest. It would mean 121 residents would be evicted and 190 people would lose their jobs.
The council claims it would cost 10 million pounds to bring the homes up to modern standards. But campaigners say the needs of relatives must be a priority. From Winchester, Juliette Fletcher reports.
A committee of Hampshire County Councillors is to review the recommendations on the future of four care homes in the county.
Currently, three of the care homes; Bulmer House in Petersfield, Deeside in Basingstoke and Nightingale Lodge in Romsey are being recommended for closure. Closure has been suggested on the grounds of the need for modern buildings to provide care with dignity.
It is proposed that a fourth home, Cranleigh Paddock in Lyndhurst, which is a specialist dementia facility, is retained because of the expert nature of the care provided.
The review will take place on Friday 22nd November with a decision to be made by the Council's Cabinet on 9th December.
The 'whistleblower' who exposed a care home for the neglect and "institutional abuse" suffered by some of its residents, says she's been left penniless.
Lisa Martin worked as a manager at the Orchid View home in Copthorne in Sussex. She called in the police over the way patients were treated. The home, which had been run by the Southern Cross chain, was subsequently closed down.
Lisa says since she 'blew the whistle' she's been unable to get another job. Malcolm Shaw reports.
Video. The elderly residents of a care home - and day care centre - said an emotional goodbye, today, to the places they had called home. Despite a long campaign and a 3,500 signature petition the doors were closed for good.
The council said it would cost £1.5m to modernise the buildings - money they couldn't afford. Mel Bloor talked to Alwyne Jeffries, centre user; Councillor Rachel Eden, Reading Borough Council; and Lu Cozma, campaigner.
Up to 100 elderly people - many with dementia - will need to be re-housed if four care homes are shut by Hampshire County Council to save money. The families of some of the residents say they simply "won't make it" if they are moved. Richard Slee reports.
Four residential homes in Hampshire are under threat of closure.
Hampshire County Council says Bulmer House in Petersfield, Cranleigh Paddock in Lyndhurst, Deeside in Basingstoke and Nightingale Lodge in Romsey had become unsuitable to meet the needs of older people.
A three month consultation is now underway to discuss alternative means of care and accommodation.
A handyman has been charged with a series of sex crimes allegedly committed against staff members and a mentally-ill patient at the care home he worked at in Brighton. Paul Brown, 55, has been charged with eight offences against five female staff members and a resident at the Brighton home.
Brown, of Clarendon Road, Hove, was arrested in December last year following reports from concerned members of staff about alleged offending dating back to 2006, Sussex Police said. He has been freed on police bail to appear at Brighton Magistrates' Court on March 1.