4:23 pm, Mon 31 Dec 2012 Savings club landlord found
Body of savings club landlord found
Malcolm Levenscote was last seen boarding a ferry from Portsmouth
Credit: Wiltshire Police
The body of Shrewton pub landlord Malcolm Levesconte has been found washed up in Kent. He disappeared earlier this month along with the £29,000 Christmas savings fund from the Royal Oak pub. He boarded a ferry to France from Portsmouth but didn't arrive in St Malo.
Formal identification of his body took place today. Villagers in Shrewton managed to raise enough donations before Christmas to replace the missing savings.
4:00 am, Fri 21 Dec 2012 Christmas getaway begins
Christmas getaway starts today
Credit: ITV Meridian
Thousands of people across the South are expected take to the roads, rails and airports today as the Christmas Getaway begins for many.
Gatwick alone is expecting one and a half million passengers to pass through the airport over the festive period.
Santa and his reindeer will be at the West Sussex terminals along with carol singers to get passengers in the Christmas spirit!
9:31 pm, Tue 18 Dec 2012 Dog swallows Christmas lights
Lighting up Charlie's Christmas
VIDEO: Now, if you love Christmas - and you love dogs - here's a warning. The two don't always go together! You see, Charlie the cross-breed Staffie got rather peckish recently - with rather unfortunate results. Andrew Pate has the story.
4:22 pm, Tue 18 Dec 2012 Dog swallows Christmas lights
The dog that ate the Xmas tree lights!
VIDEO: Charlie the Staffie swallowed more than a foot of Christmas lights and needed emergency surgery to remove the ball of wire from his stomach. The PDSA has issued a warning to owners to be aware of the hazards.
10:58 am, Tue 18 Dec 2012 Dog swallows Christmas lights
Charlie's owner 'shocked' by his electric appetite
Charlie looking at his next lunch in the PDSA vet surgery in Southampton
Charlie's owner Sharon Fay has spoken of her surprise that her dog decided to eat shoe laces and Christmas lights.
She said "I re-homed Charlie about a year ago, so I don’t know whether he used to do this type of thingwhen he was a puppy."
"Back in March he ate one of my scarves and needed an operation to remove it, but I thought it was just a one off incident as he hadn’t shown any signs that he was going to be a repeat offender!"
"I’ve had dogs all my life and have never known a dog act like this before - I’ll certainly be keeping an extra close eye on him from now on and have Charlie-proofed my house now!”
9:45 am, Tue 18 Dec 2012 Dog swallows Christmas lights
The PDSA's top five Christmas hazards
Charlie with christmas lights in Southampton
After Charlie the staffie cross swallowed more than a foot of christmas lights the PDSA has released a list of the top five most dangerous Christmas hazards for pets.
-Swallowing foreign bodies such as toys and decorations.
-Accidental poisoning through chocolate, raisins, artificial sweeteners, peanuts and other nuts, and batteries.
-Gastric torsion – twisted stomach often caused by vigorous exercise after a large meal.
-Hypothermia – low body temperature from exposure to cold weather.
-Accidental injury – pulling over the Christmas tree, slipping on ice, chewing on electric cables, treading on broken baubles.
9:01 am, Tue 18 Dec 2012 Dog swallows Christmas lights
Charlie's special Christmas feast
Charlie in Southampton
Charlie the rescue dog is recovering at home in Southampton after he needed emergency surgery to remove a ball of Christmas fairy lights from his stomach.
His owner Sharon Faye took him to the PDSA Vets in Southampton after noticing bits of electric wire in his faeces.
Vets were able to retrieve a foot long section of christmas lights from Charlie where they also discovered a shoe lace.
The Christmas lights in Charlie's stomach
12:23 pm, Mon 17 Dec 2012 Parents' Christmas choir surprise
Viewer video: Choir surprise for school kids
Parents of children at Sutton Valance School in Maidstone had a musical surprise up their sleeves in a Christmas themed assembly.
Mums decided to turn the tables on their children and form a school choir of their own.
The vast majority of the 35 members of "Mumma Mia" said they couldn't sing and originally came along for bit of fun, but soon found choir practice to be the "highlight of their week".