Two directors of Crawley-based security firm G4S have resigned in the wake of a review into the company's botched Olympic Games contract.
Crawley based Virgin Atlantic has announced losses of £80 million for the last financial year.
A 96-year-old woman who died moments before her tenth abseil was an "amazing lady" who was doing what she loved best, her family said.
Sussex Police have launched an investigation after a man from Crawley had acid poured over him.
The incident happened last night in Lyon Close, Maidenbower.
The victim was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton where he was treated to acid burns to his hands and face.
Paramedics, the air ambulance and the police attended the incident.
An 18-year-old man from Horsham was taken to hospital with serious injuries after his car hit a lamppost.
His car left the A264 in Crawley on Saturday 5th April and collided with a lamppost at 4.18pm.
The driver was taken to the East Surrey Hospital at Redhill suffering from a broken hip and coccyx.
A 23-year-old man is in hospital in a critical but stable condition after the car he was driving left the road and hit a tree in Crawley Down. The incident happened on Hophurst Lane in Crawley Down at around 3.40am this morning.
The driver suffered serious injuries. He was flown to St George's Hospital in London by the Kent, Surrey and Sussex air ambulance.
Hophurst Lane at Crawley Down was closed between its junctions with Fermandy Lane and Burleigh Way for more than four hours while emergency services were at the scene. Sussex Police are appealing for witnesses.
"Anyone who saw what happened or who may have seen the car being driven shortly before the collision is asked to phone Sussex Police on 101 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org , quoting Operation Custodian.
"In particular, we would like to hear from a taxi driver who may have dropped off the driver and some of his friends in Crawley Down shortly before this collision occurred. The taxi driver and the injured driver's friends may have valuable information that could help with our enquiries and we would urge them to come forward."
– Sergeant Alan Spicer, Sussex Police
"I would also like to thank anyone whose journeys were affected by the road closure for their patience and understanding."
Police are investigating a single vehicle collision on the A2011 Crawley Avenue, Crawley, in which a woman sadly sustained fatal injuries. It happened at about 1.40am yesterday, when a black BMW Z3 sports car travelling west along Crawley Avenue left the carriageway and hit with a fence.
The car's occupants, a 35-year-old man and a 28-year-old woman, both from the Crawley area, were taken to St George's Hospital, Tooting, London, with serious injuries.
Later the same morning the woman sadly died. The man remains in a serious condition, but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
Three people who were arrested after a Portuguese man was killed in Crawley have been told they are no longer suspects.
Two men aged 33 and 48 and a 22-year-old woman, all from Crawley, were arrested after Joao Esteves was found dying in an alleyway between Stephenson Way and Haslett Avenue East.
Mr Esteves, 45, from the Lisbon area of Portugal, was found with serious head injuries at 3.25am on Sunday 19 January. He was taken to hospital but died later.
The trio were questioned on suspicion of murder but all have now been released from bail and told no action will be taken against them.
A fourth person, Daniel Palmer, 23, of Maunsell Park, Station Hill, Crawley, was charged with murder last month. He is due to appear at Hove Crown Court on 31 March.
A teenager is in hospital with life threatening head injuries after a crash in Crawley. The 19-year-old pedestrian was hit by a car on the M23 this morning.
Junctions 10 and 11 are closed in both directions so that the air ambulance could land and take the teenager to hospital in London.
Education officials say there won't be any resignations at Worth School following the death of a 13-year-old boy. MP Charles Hendry said the school demonstrated a catastrophic breach of health and safety rules when William Avery-Wright was knocked down and killed.
Charlotte Willkins spoke to Christopher Avery-Wright, William's father and Wealden MP Charles Hendry.
Sussex MP Charles Hendry is calling for the resignation of the head teacher of Worth School after a 13-year-old boy was knocked down and killed.
After Charles Hendry spoke in the House of Commons, Worth School have released this statement:
The Head Master and Governors of Worth School are dismayed at Mr Hendry’s ill-conceived use of Parliamentary privilege.
In contrast to Mr Hendry, there have been detailed investigations into all the circumstances surrounding the accident that caused William Avery-Wright’s death by the Police, Crown Prosecution Service and the Health & Safety Executive. The unequivocal and correct conclusion is that there was no basis for a prosecution.
These objective assessments were confirmed by the Assistant Coroner’s verdict of accidental death.
All at Worth School, especially the Head Master and Chair of Governors, have been deeply affected by William’s death. The School has always accepted responsibility for its policy of adult supervision for years 7 and 8 crossing Paddockhurst Road not being followed on the day of William’s accident.
The School has on numerous occasions, both in person and in writing, expressed its genuine contrition and remorse. Any claim to the contrary is simply untrue. Neither the Head Master nor the Chair of Governors will be resigning.
– Father Luke, Abbot of Worth School
Following the County Council’s change of stance after William’s death, the School has installed a footbridge over Paddockhurst Road and the speed limit has been reduced from 60 mph to 40 mph. The School will however continue to press for a 30 mph speed limit.
A Sussex MP is calling on a head teacher to resign over the death of a boy who was run over on his way to a rugby match.
William Avery Wright was 13-years-old when he was killed in the accident outside Worth School near Crawley, Sussex in 2011.
The boy's father learned his son died after the school announced his death on its website.
The MP for Wealden, Charles Hendry, says the school failed in its duty to care for its students.