Live updates

Sex offender jailed for nineteen years

Enrico Thor Korsche has been jailed for nineteen years Credit: Kent Police

A child molester has been jailed for 19 years after he was convicted of a string of sexual offences.

Enrico Thor Korsche, 57, of no fixed address, was imprisoned by a judge at Maidstone Crown Court on 16 September after he was found guilty of three offences of rape, six counts of indecent assault and one of indecency with a child.

The offences took place in Swanscombe between 1999 and 2006. Korsche targeted two young girls, one who was just two years old when the abuse began, and repeatedly assaulted them.

His crimes only came to light in 2011 when one of the victims confided in her teaching assistant that she thought she had been abused when she was younger.

During the investigation into these offences, the second victim came forward and said she too was abused by Korsche. However, Korsche had fled the county and police forces around the UK were put on alert.

Korsche was arrested in Aberdeenshire in October 2013 after local officers were made aware that a man was walking along a dual carriageway. When he gave his name to patrols, it triggered an alert on the national database that he was wanted for serious sexual offences

"Korsche's crimes spanned several years and have had a serious impact on the wellbeing of both victims. They were exposed to this depravity at a young age and as a consequence have been through a tremendous amount of emotional pain. However, despite their ordeal, both victims were brave enough to assist us with our investigations and strong enough to give evidence to the court after Korsche flatly denied committing these crimes. I would like to pay tribute to them for their courage and hope they can begin to move forward with their lives now their abuser is behind bars. As for Korsche, I welcome the news that he will be in jail for the foreseeable future. He has shown absolutely no remorse for his calculated behaviour and utter abuse of his victims' trust and I am pleased justice has been served."

– Investigating officer, DC Steve Dingwall of Kent Police

Police appeal for witnesses after fatal crash in Dartford

Kent Police are appealing for witnesses after a fatal crash in Dartford.

A pedestrian, thought to be in his 80's, is reported to have been hit by a car on Park Road.

Sadly, he was pronounced dead at the scene.

The driver of the car was taken to Darent Valley Hospital with minor injuries.

Detective Sergeant Scott Lynch, of the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Kent Police said, ‘I would urge anyone who witnessed the collision and has not yet spoken to an officer to get in touch as you might have information that could help with our investigation.

"I would also ask anyone who saw the car or the man, who was described as using a walking stick and wearing a flat cap, prior to the collision to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit.’

Any witnesses should contact DS Scott Lynch on 01622 798538.

Advertisement

Missing woman found safe and well

A missing woman from the Dartford area has been found safe and well following a search by Kent Police officers.

Sarah Rothery was last seen at Darent Valley Hospital at 3am yesterday morning where she was due to be treated for an injury to her arm.

Kent Police said she has now been located and they would like to thank all those who assisted with the search.

Have you seen missing Dartford woman Sarah?

Sarah Rothery was last seen at Darenth Valley Hospital at 3am this morning Credit: Kent Police

Kent Police are asking for the public's help in trying to find a vulnerable missing woman from Dartford.

Sarah Rothery was last seen at Darenth Valley Hospital at 3am this Saturday morning where she was due to be treated for an injury to her arm.

It is thought she left hospital without getting treatment and officers are concerned for her welfare.

The 47-year-old has been described as white, of slim build and with brown eyes.

The hospital's CCTV caught her last known movements, showing her to be wearing a black tracksuit jacket, with a white top, black jeans and white shoes.

CCTV from the hospital where Sarah was last seen Credit: Kent Police

Anyone who knows where Sarah might be is asked to call Kent Police on 101, quoting 21-0201.

Witness appeal after 'terrifying attack'

A young man was subjected to a terrifying attack when he was out enjoying his evening. We have followed a number of lines of enquiries, including reviewing CCTV footage, and as a result have released an image of a man we would like to talk to in connection with this incident.I would urge anyone who recognises this man to contact police as he may have information that could help with our enquiries.

– DC Kerry Thompson

CCTV picture released after Dartford assault

Officers release image of a man they would like to speak to Credit: Kent Police

Detectives investigating an assault in Dartford have released a CCTV image of a man they would like to talk to.

Police have carried out enquiries after receiving a report that a man suffered serious injuries after being kicked in the head and then punched just after 2.30am on Saturday 22 March.

Advertisement

CCTV image released following assault in Dartford

Detectives investigating an assault in Dartford have released a CCTV image of a man they would like to talk to. It follows a report that a man suffered serious injuries after being kicked in the head and then punched just after 2.30am on Saturday 22 March in Air and Breathe nightclub.

Police want to speak to this man in connection with an assault Credit: Kent Police

DC Kerry Thompson said, "A young man was subjected to a terrifying attack when he was out enjoying his evening. We have followed a number of lines of enquiries, including reviewing CCTV footage.

"As a result have released an image of a man we would like to talk to in connection with this incident. I would urge anyone who recognises this man to contact police as he may have information that could help with our enquiries."

Police ask for public's help in assault case

Man wanted for questioning by British Transport Police Credit: British Transport Police

Detectives want to question this man after two alleged incidents of sexual assault on the train from Dartford to London. One happened on April 14 at around 5pm; the other in February on the same train, the 16:39 service.

Police say the 37-year-old victim in the latest incident was travelling in one of the front carriages, having boarded at Lewisham. When touched, she confronted the man and he walked off down the train, leaving at Welling. The earlier incident also saw him leave at Welling.

Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016, quoting SSUB/B4 of 17/04/14. Information can also be passed to the independent charityCrimestoppers on 0800 555 111

Load more updates