A dog from Sussex has survived a powerful electric shock he suffered when walking through a puddle.
Simon Constable says his pet Doofus collapsed and started yelping as he padded through rainwater at Windmill Lane in East Grinstead.
Engineers have now repaired a faulty underground cable which was leaking current to the surface of the road. Malcolm Shaw spoke to Simon.
She may be small, but she has a big heart. Missy the pocket sized pincher is in need of a new home.
The timid and tiny dog is being looked after by staff at the Dog's Trust in Shoreham.
And as Mel Bloor explains, staff there have never seen anyone quite like her.
A dog which started a fire by turning on the electric hob in a flat in Oxfordshire has been rescued by firefighters.
Crews were called to a report of a smoke alarm at New Road in Woodstock - when they arrived they found the dog in a first floor flat.
It's thought the dog was trying to get to some treats which were on top of the cooker and turned it on.
"It was lucky a neighbour heard the smoke alarm and alerted the fire and rescue service at an early stage, this certainly prevented the incident from being much worse."
She's a canine celebrity with her own bank account. Blaise the golden retriever became the poster girl for a John Lewis advert and has appeared in a short film. But even though she can help out with chores around the house - she's not the best behaved dog in the world according to her owner. Sarah Saunders reports from Uckfield
VIDEO: Have you got a dog that can do any of this?
An eight-year-old girl has been left with a broken nose and wounds to her face after being bitten by a Staffordshire bull terrier in East Sussex. She was walking with her mother in Colwood Crescent in Eastbourne, on Saturday night when she was attacked by the black and white dog. She was taken to hospital for treatment
"The child was bitten in the face by the terrier when it leapt at her while being walked by a white girl, 16-18 years old, 5ft 10in, wearing a grey hoodie.
A chihuahua was found collapsed and dumped in Kent in the middle of labour and later died.Read the full story ›
The Award-winning National Theatre production of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime, is in Oxford this week. Based on Oxford-based Mark Haddon's best-selling book, it tells the story of an autistic boy from Swindon who travels to London, hoping to solve the mystery over the death of a neighbour's dog. The production has been getting rave reviews, especially for it's stunning technical lighting effects, and is at the New Theatre Oxford until Saturday. Andy Bevan reports.
A woman from Headcorn in Kent says she's lucky to be alive today after her dog alerted her to an undiagnosed cancer.
Colleen Ferguson says the two-year-old Alsatian began repeatedly sniffing her mouth in an strange way which led her to get a full health check - at which point the tumour was found.
David Johns reports, speaking to Colleen as well as Claire Guest from Medical Detection Dogs.
A farmer from Sussex has spoken of his anger after one of his lambs was chased off a cliff by an out-of-control dog.
A local photographer captured the moment the lamb was forced to the cliff edge at Seven Sisters country Park in Seaford.
It's the latest in a series of incidents of sheep-worrying in the county.
David Johns has our report; he spoke to farmer Sam Stanisstreet and James Osman from the NFU. Still pictures by Eddie Nolan.
He was kidnapped, rescued - then lost - then rescued again - and is now finally back with his rightful owner, after travelling over 100 miles from home.
Jasper the one-year-old whippet was traced by his microchip after he was brought into a Sussex vets - SIX MONTHS after he vanished.
David Johns reports, speaking to Jasper's owner Michael Ford; veterinary surgeon Emily Chadburn; and practice owner Sarah Solomon.