A 21-year-old man from Eastleigh suffered a bruised and swollen face after two men attacked him as he walked along the street.
The incident happened between 1.30 and 1.40am on Sunday 2nd March along Desborough Road in the town.
Two men ran towards him and dragged him to the floor then threatened him and demanded his phone and wallet.
He was then punched in the head but his attackers ran off as a group of youths approached them.
This was a violent and unprovoked robbery on a young man who was walking home from work. We’d like to hear from anyone who saw what happened, or who has information to come forward.”
Police are investigating reports of a fake police telephone scam, aimed at the elderly, after victims lose thousands in cash or valuables.
All those involved received a telephone call from a man claiming to be from Hammersmith Police.
One 83-year-old woman was then told that there had been fraudulent activity on her bank account and someone had been arrested.
She was told that her bank was under police surveillance and she should withdraw money. A courier would then pick it.
She did this, only to be called back and told it was a scam.
Other victims, who have lost valuable items instead of cash, have received similar phone calls.
Anyone who receives a call like this should contact PS Harry Wilson at Eastleigh police station on 101.
Police are warning people in Eastleigh to be on their guard as a fake police scam, aimed at the elderly, has been reported to them.
Victims have all received a phone call from a man claiming to be from Hammersmith Police.
The man sounds very plausible but police are warning to not give out bank details or to pass any valuable items to couriers following calls like this.
They have given this advice on any telephone scams:
- Never accept offers over the phone "if they sound too good to be true, they usually are."
- Never give personal details over the phone
- Report any suspicious phone calls to your phone company
- Consider registering your phone number with Telephone Preference Service (TPS Online) or 0845 070 0707
- Most telephone providers will block anonymous callers
- Never give your credit or bank card PIN over the phone. This information is never requested legitimately by your bank or the police
- If you think something is wrong, hang up the phone
Police have named a lorry driver who died following a collision on the M3 at Eastleigh on Saturday. He was Antony Welling, 60, of Abbots Langley in Hertfordshire.
Mr Welling was driving a Mercedes lorry on the M3 southbound around 4.50pm, when it collided with a motorway barrier at junction 13.
He was taken by ambulance to Southampton General Hospital where he later died. His passenger, a 45-year-old man from Essex, was also taken to hospital with serious but not life threatening injuries.
Police are continuing their investigation and would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Temporary Sergeant Dan Golding at the Totton Roads Policing unit, quoting Operation Magnolite, on 101.
A man has died after a road traffic accident on the M3 on Saturday 4th January.
A 7.5 tonne Mercedes box lorry was involved in the accident at junction 13 of the M3 at Eastleigh. It happened just before 5pm. The victim was a sixty-year-old man.
Hampshire Police are appealing for witnesses. Anyone with information can contact Sergeant Dan Golding at the Totton Road Policing Unit on 101, quoting Op Magnolite.
After being found safe in Southampton on Friday 27th December, 15-year-old Jordan Saunders did not return to his home in Gosport last night.
Hampshire Police are making a new appeal for the teenager's whereabouts after he left the address where he had been staying in Gosport.
Officers are following several lines of enquiry and are in contact with Jordan's family.
Jordan is described as white, 5 ft 6 ins tall, of a slim build - with floppy brown hair and freckles.
We would appeal directly to Jordan to make contact with family or the police. He is not suspected of any crimes or anti-social behaviour.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts should call 101.
A 14-year-old teenager who went missing from his home in Hampshire has been found following a police appeal.
Jordan Saunders was found nine days after he was last seen in Eastleigh on the 19th December when he did not return home to Gosport.
Police have today announced that the teenager has been found safe and well.
Eastleigh Police are appealing for help in finding missing teenager Jordan Saunders.
The 14-year-old boy was last seen in Eastleigh on the 19th December and is currently living in Gosport but has not returned home.
He is described as white, 5ft 6ins tall, of a slim build with floppy brown hair and freckles.
He was last seen wearing a grey Ben Sherman coat, a dark hooded top and light-coloured tracksuit bottoms with two lighter stripes down the sides.
Sergeant Sandra Reid said: “Jordan is 14 years old, but looks a lot younger. He is not believed to have had any money on him when he went missing or had any other belongings. It’s believed he may be staying with a friend somewhere in Hampshire."
Anyone with information should call Eastleigh on 101.
Hampshire firefighters were involved in a range of calls across the county last night involving fires, accidents and building collapse.
In Eastleigh, crews rescued a female casualty from a car in a two-vehicle accident on the eastbound carriageway of the M27, between J5 and J7.
16 firefighters from Botley, Hightown and Eastleigh, along with an animal rescue specialist, put out a fire involving 30 chickens.
The chickens were helped to safety from the fire that was caused by their wooden sheds.
The Fire Service were also called out to deal with chimney fires in Hythe.
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service’s head of response, Andy Bowers, said: “The wide range of incidents dealt with overnight show how well trained and equipped our firefighters are, so they are able to deal with whatever scenario they are faced with."