After more than 60 years, Southampton's Ford factory closed their doors today.
High barriers have been put outside the factory as the building has been closed for good.
500 staff were told last October that they were losing their jobs at the factory because of the closure.
In ten days time the Ford factory in Southampton will close. Workers at the plant say they are optimistic that their skills can be transferred elsewhere.
Unite said more than 100 toolmakers have not been found suitable jobs, while workers who are being redeployed are being given little information about what work they will be doing once they are transferred.
"Ford betrayed its workers when it announced the closure of its plants and now the company is rubbing salt into the loyal workers' wounds by treating them with contempt.
"The workers at Dagenham are furious and they are right to want to stand up to the company's despicable behaviour.
"Skilled workers with over 20 years of experience are being forced to change career but are being given no information about what they'll be doing. Many of them will have their pensions severely slashed and some workers might fail capability tests and be sacked after all."
Hundreds of workers at car giant Ford are to be balloted for strikes following a decision to close their plant.
Unite said more than 650 of its members at the stamping and tooling site in Dagenham, Essex, will vote in coming weeks on whether to launch a campaign of industrial action.
The dispute stems from a decision last year to end production at Ford's plant in Southampton and to close the Dagenham facility.
The ballot result is due on May 1.
Four men will not face manslaughter charges after a worker died in a 30ft fall at a skip hire and waste disposal company, police have revealed.
Lindsay Campbell, 66, sustained fatal injuries when he fell from the bucket of an excavator at South Coast Skips in Ford on July 25th.
Today Sussex Police said manslaughter by gross negligence charges will not be brought against four men: a 62-year-old from Wickham, Hampshire, a 26-year-old from Fareham, a 47-year-old from Birdham, near Chichester, and a 50-year-old from Bognor Regis.
A police spokesman said that following consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service it was decided there was "insufficient evidence to initiate criminal proceedings for manslaughter".
However, the Health and Safety Executive are now taking the lead in the investigation and are considering prosecutions for offences under the Health and Safety at Work Act."
VIDEO: Romsey and Southampton North MP Caroline Nokes has been leading a debate in Westminster, following the announcement that Ford is to close its factory in Southampton.
VIDEO: Southampton City Council have spent the day talking to government ministers about the future of the Southampton Ford plant, which is closing with the loss of 500 jobs. Phil Hornby reports.
The Business Secretary Vince Cable says he was unaware that Southampton's Ford plant was going to close. It's emerged £10 million of taxpayers' cash was approved for the company just days before. More than 500 jobs will go when Ford's Swaythling plant shuts next July
Union members at Ford's factory in Southampton will meet today to discuss possible action over the closure of the plant.
500 workers will lose their jobs when the plant closes next year. The company says it needs to restructure its production because of poor sales in Europe.
Union members at the Ford factory in Southampton will meet tomorrow to discuss possible action over the closure of the plant.
Five hundred workers will lose their jobs when the plant closes next year. The company says it needs to restructure its production because of poor sales in Europe.