A man from Hythe has been jailed for 10 years for committing offences against children.
Martin Locke, who is 64-years-old, had been in contact via email to arrange and take part in the sexual assault of two children aged 11 and 7.
However, before the meeting could take place, officers went to his address in Tanners Hill in Hythe with a search warrant where he was arrested and later charged.
Whilst on remand, officers found further evidence to charge Locke with.
He was found to have sexually assaulted two girls aged 12 and 13 as well as distributing indecent images of children.
Officers also found footage from where Locke had filmed up girls' skirts without them knowing.
Detective Constable Matthew Avery from Kent Police said, "I am pleased that we have been able to put a stop to his offending and to prevent anyone else becoming a victim of his crimes."
Police have launched an investigation after a man's body was washed up on the beach at Hythe in Kent. Officers were called to Princes Parade just before 4pm this afternoon.
The body has now been removed and police are working to formally identify the man, and inform his next of kin. His death is being treated as unexplained.
A church in Kent is one of only two in the country to house a unique collection. St Leonard's Church in Hythe is home to 15 hundred human skulls - dating back to the 13th century - stacked in neat rows. But who did they belong to - and why are they there? Sarah Saunders investigates.
Three people have been rescued from a fire at a house in Hythe after their house was not fitted with smoke alarms.
Control operators received the emergency call at 10:03 and mobilised three crews.
Officer in charge Group Manager Dan Tasker said, "The property was not fitted with smoke detectors so there was no early warning of fire. This could have been much worse and quite possibly fatal for the three people we managed to rescue. "
The fire started in the rear of the property and an investigation will determine the cause.
All three casualties suffered smoke inhalation and were handed over to South Central Ambulance Service.
Police who are investigating the death of a man in a house in Langdown Road, Hythe have charged a man.
31-year-old Robert Cerqua of Langdown Road, Hythe has been charged with murder. He is due to appear at Southampton Magistrates Court on Friday, January 3.
31-year-old Christopher Cerqua received serious injuries in an altercation. Police were called at about 9pm Tuesday, December 31. Mr Cerqua was taken to Southampton General Hospital, where he died at 10.20pm.
Detectives from the Hampshire Major Investigation Team are leading the inquiry, called Operation Redding.
Hampshire Police searching for missing man Eddie Jeske have found a body.
Officers found the body at Butts Ash Wood at around midday today.
The death is not being treated as suspicious. A file is being prepared for the coroner.
A 65-year-old man from Hythe has been reported missing since Saturday.
He was last seen in the Roseberry Avenue area and is described as 5ft 7ins with short grey hair, wearing work clothes and Wellingtons.
Officers are very concerned for Edmund’s welfare and would like to hear from anyone who has seen him or knows where he is.He is believed to have links to the Hythe, Marchwood, East Boldre, Brockenhurst and Lymington areas.
Police are seeking information from the public after an unprovoked racial attack on a woman from Hythe in her own back garden.
While her young children slept upstairs, the woman, 33, went to her garden at Beech Crescent to find her cat at about 10pm Wednesday 23rd October.
She was grabbed by a man hiding behind her gazebo sheeting and felt an unknown object held to her throat.
Two other men were seen, and all three men hit the woman in the face, causing bruising and cuts.
They whispered abuse of a racist nature to her. They knew the names of her children and threatened her and the children, if she went to the police.
All three men had English accents. They wore dark clothing and covered their faces with dark masks with the eye holes cut out.
Hythe Police are appealing for the driver whose car collided with a bicycle to come forward.
The crash happened on Saturday 17th August at 1.30pm when the car hit a 13-year-old boy who was cycling towards Netley View.
A small cream or white car overtook him and pulled in sharply.
The rear of the car collided with the front wheel of the bike, then the boy fell off and tumbled several times.
The car did not stop.
PC Gary Kimble wants to hear from any witnesses and for the driver to come forward.
On Thursday 28 March, 2013, at around 2pm, a man reportedly entered the Lloyds TSB Bank in High Street, New Romney and made an attempt to rob the bank.
He demanded cash and threatened staff before leaving the bank empty-handed.
The suspect is described as in his 60s, of stocky build and was wearing a dark coloured heavy jacket, blue jeans and a distinctive aviator style dark coloured hat.
Officers investigating the two incidents are looking into the possibility they are linked.
Anyone who knows the man or has information about his whereabouts is asked to ring Kent Police on 101, quoting ZY/28750/12 or Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.