American rockers Bon Jovi are to headline next year's Isle of Wight Festival.
Following yesterday's announcement of Friday headliners The Stone Roses festival organisers revealed the addition of the Grammy Award winning Bon Jovi on Sunday June 16 .
A flood warning has been issued by the Environment Agency for the River Thames and tributaries at Kennington.Flooding is expected for the River Thames and tributaries at Kennington near Oxford this morning, the agency says.
Call its Floodline on 0845 9881188 for more information.
Already thinking ahead to the summer and the festival season, organisers at the Isle of Wight Festival have announced their first headliner in the last few minutes.
The Stone Roses will headline the Friday night in June. It will be their only festival here in the UK in 2013.
It was only last week that the festival got the green light on its licence at Seaclose Park - after a debate on whether it should be renewed. But, 2013 looks to be a big event for Isle of Wight Festival.The Stone Roses will take to the main stage on Friday 14th June.
Tickets go on sale this Wednesday when Reading will announce its first acts.
This is how Manchester's finest, the Stone Roses, have been announced as headliners of the Isle of Wight Festival this year.
The indie rockers reformed in a huge fanfare to play a number of live gigs earlier in 2012, but booking them for the Isle of Wight will be seen as a real coup for organisers.
Tickets for the festival, which itself was marred in controversy last year, after horrendous weather swept through the site and roads were blocked across the island, go on sale on Wednesday.
The Isle of Wight Festival has come to a close, and its organisers say lessons will be learned after bad weather caused chaos for revellers.Read the full story ›
Tens of thousands of music fans are leaving the Isle of Wight today after watching some of the best music acts on the planet. But the row continues over the traffic chaos last week which saw several miles of tailbacks and people forced to sleep in their cars. Andrew Pate send this report.
No major delays have been reported so far as festival-goers leave the Isle of Wight today. Extra police officers and ferry services have been drafted in to help tens of thousands of music fans leave the island. Tractors and 4x4 vehicles have also been brought in to help cars out of the mud.
Tractors had to pull 4x4 rescue vehicles out of the mud as festival-goers gear up to leave the Isle of Wight. About a hundred 4x4 have been sent along with 50 extra police officers to help thousands leave the island today. But despite the mud and traffic, fans said they enjoyed the festival.
More ferry services will be in operation today to the Isle of Wight to help thousands of fans leave the festival. There will be a revised timetable between Portsmouth and Fishbourne and between Lymington and Yarmouth.