An Essex man has been charged in connection with a series of high value jewellery thefts in Kent.
Officers from Kent Police have been investigating a number of reports of theft of jewellery items from stores across the county.
- On January 11, two Longines Saint Imier watches worth £4,060 were reported missing from Ernest Jones in Bluewater, Greenhithe.
- On 31 January, nine Accurist watches worth £8,375 were reported missing from H Samuel at Bluewater in Greenhithe.
- On 14 February, 13 rings worth a combined total of £3,317 were reported missing from H Samuel in Maidstone.
- On 19 February, six bracelets worth about £3,200 were missing from H Samuel in Redhill, Surrey.
- On 5 March, a tray of bracelets of a value unknown was reported missing from H Samuel in Ashford.
Officers have charged Justin Quye, 37, of Northfield Path in Dagenham, with five counts of theft. He appeared at Medway Magistrates’ Court on Thursday where he was remanded in custody. He's due to appear next at Canterbury Magistrates’ Court on 24 March.