Father William Beaver, 70, said his sight is slowly returning following the pioneering procedure - praised by surgeons as the "future".Read the full story ›
A blind woman who had a bionic eye fitted has been able to tell the time for the first time in more than five years.Read the full story ›
A planned strike by porters at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford has been called off.
Workers were due to walk out for forty eight hours tomorrow in a row over planned changes to shift patterns and job roles.
The union Unison says members have voted in favour of new proposals.
A senior nurse who filmed himself raping unconscious patients at the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford has been convicted.Read the full story ›
The cast of Star Wars Episode VII are pictured at Pinewood Studios taking part in a script read through.
Harrison Ford, who was injured during filming yesterday, is pictured talking to director JJ Abrams.
The Health And Safety Executive has launched an investigation into the incident.
An HSE spokesperson said: “We have been made aware of an incident at Pinewood studios and are making initial enquiries.
Star Wars actor Harrison Ford has broken his ankle during filiming of the new Star Wars film, according to reports.
The BBC claims that the 71-year-old sustained the injury after a garage door fell on him while on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire.
Ford, who plays Hans Solo, was airlifted to John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford for treatment yesterday.
A spokesman for Thames Valley police said: "We were called just after 5pm to reports of a 71-year-old man being injured in an incident believed to involve a garage door."
Disney, which now owns the Star Wars franchise, says filming will continue while Ford recuperates.
Hollywood star Harrison Ford has been admitted to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford after being injured on the set of the latest Star Wars film.
The 71-year-old actor is reported to have suffered an ankle injury whilst filming at Pinewood Studios, in Buckinghamshire.
Video. The family of a brian damaged man are taking legal action against a hospital in Oxford, thirty years after this birth. Paul Kirtland suffers from cerebral palsy and epilepsy and will need care for the rest of his life.
His parents believe he became infected with a bacteria while in the special baby care unit at the John Radcliffe Hospital and this caused his brain damage. The hospital denies negligence and says it will fight any legal action. Heather Edwards reports.