A thief found hiding in woods with a leopard print suitcase containing stolen items has been jailed for five years.Read the full story ›
Police have arrested and charged a man with robbery after another man's wallet and mobile phone were stolen in Margate.
Kent Police said the theft happened on Union Row in the town on Saturday 20th May. Thirty-one year old Marcus Turner, who is homeless, was detained on Sunday 21st May, charged and then remanded in custody. He is due to appear before Medway Magistrates Court via videolink today.
A 28-year-old woman from Margate who was arrested in connection with the same incident has been released pending further enquiries.
A 17 year old boy from Medway has died after a crash near Sittingbourne overnight.
He was a passenger in a white Mitsubishi L200 truck which was travelling along the A2 London Road in Newington at around 10pm.
The truck then crashed into a park car and a wall near to the junction of Playstool Road.
Three other people suffered injuries and were taken to hospital.
Police are urging witnesses to come forward and to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 01622 798538 quoting MC/DH/102/17.
Alternatively they can email email@example.com.
One person has died and three other people were taken to hospital after a collision involving two cars at 10pm last night in Kent.
The accident happened at Newington near Sittingbourne. Emergency crews including the police, fire service and Secamb ambulance service were called to deal with the incident on the stretch of the A2 between Callaways Lane in Newington and the A249.
The road was closed overnight - until 7am this morning. Work is underway to repair a power cable which was damaged during the collision.
The A2 High Street at Newington near in Kent is close din both directions after an accident between Callaways Lane and the A249 Maidstone Road / Chestnut Street / Bobbing Hill / Sheppey Way (Key Street Roundabout).
Kent Police say the road is likely to be closed through morning rush hour. They are advising motorists to leave early and plan their journeys.
A murder inquiry is underway tonight after a young homeless man was found bludgeoned to death in a quiet Kent woodland. The body of Razvan Sirbu was found at a beauty spot, the Loose Valley Conservation area near Maidstone, where he had been living in a tent. He had come to England from Romania. Police are appealing for witnesses, as the search for the murder weapon continues. In his report John Ryall spoke to Chief Inspector Tony Pledger from Kent Police.
Kent Police have launched a murder investigation after revealing that a man whose body was found in a beauty spot died from serious injuries to his head and body.
Twenty-one year old Razvan Sirbu, of no fixed address, was found at the Loose Valley Conservation area in the Tovil part of Maidstone at 7.15am on Sunday 7th May 2017. A post mortem examination has revealed he died from blunt force trauma.
Detectives are appealing for anyone with information about his whereabouts before his death to come forward. They also want to speak to anyone who may have been in the Loose Valley Conservation area between 4pm on Saturday 6th May 2017 and 7am on Sunday 7th May 2017.
Mr Sirbu's family have released a photograph of him in the hope it will assist the police team trying to find out how he died. Officers are carrying out inquiries. No arrest have been made yet.
Anyone with information can call Kent Police on 01622 604100 quoting crime reference YY/011763/17.
Kent Police have warned people not to take the law into their own hands to following a confrontation at the Bluewater shopping centre on Easter Sunday. A 29 year-old man has been charged with grooming after Kent Police were called to a disturbance at the shopping centre. He has denied the charge and will appear at Maidstone Crown Court next month. A force spokesman said any reports of violence will be investigated and inquiries are ongoing.
Police officers investigating an a reported assault on a young woman in Canterbury in Kent are appealing for the people who helped her afterwards to come forward.
The woman in her twenties was reportedly assaulted by a man she knew while they were on Military Road in the city. Two other men passing by shouted at the attacker to stop it. It happened near the roundabout with Tourtel Road between 11pm and midnight on Sunday 16th April 2017.
The woman was not seriously injured in the incident and walked home home after it happened. Kent Police want to trace those two witnesses, and anyone else who may have information.
If you saw the incident you can call the appeal line on 01843 222289 quoting reference ZY/14896/17. Or alternatively call Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Police in Kent have renewed a witness appeal a year after a pensioner was found beaten to death in his home.
Roy Blackman was found murdered at his ransacked bungalow, in Biddenden in March 2016, but Police think he was attacked by more than one person.
Mark Love, 38, of Staplehurst has been sentenced to life imprisonment , after being found guilty of Mr Blackman’s murder, as well as another aggravated burglary in Sussex, at Maidstone Crown Court on 29 September but police think others were involved in the attack.
Detectives found a number of items including a large safe containing a quantity of cash, an air weapon and jewellery had been stolen and officers believe other people may have been involved in the break-in. They are keen to speak to anyone who may have information about what happened the night Mr Blackman was killed.
One person has been convicted of Mr Blackman’s murder, however, we firmly believe there were other people involved in the tragic incidents of that night and we believe there are people who know who they are.
However, small or insignificant you think the information you have is, we still want to hear from you as it may be the missing piece in our jigsaw.
We’re hoping that a year on, people will realise Mr Blackman’s family are still waiting for justice to be fully served and I would encourage anyone with information who is yet to talk to us to come forward.
Mr Blackman's family has issued a joint statement appealing for witnesses as their search for justice continues.
One year after our world fell apart, every day continues to be a struggle for us all.
Our beloved dad, grandad and brother is no longer here to share our lives and guide us - his loss was not the result of an illness or a tragic accident but at the hands of a terrible gang - some of whom are still enjoying their freedom.
We urge anyone with information that they feel may be helpful to please come forward and pass it to the police. Nothing will bring our dad back, but we would like to get as much justice for him as possible.
We are proud of our dad and all he achieved. He was a strong and brave man and will be our hero forever.’ continue to question how they could possibly do such a thing – to go mob-handed against a pensioner living alone.
Anyone with further information is asked to call the dedicated Kent and Essex SCD appeal line on 01303 289600.
Alternatively, you can call Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on0800 555 111.