Thames Valley Police are urging people to only dial 999 in an emergency as Storm Brian is expected to cause disruption across the south.
The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning - covering the Thames Valley with high winds expected. It is anticipated there will be average winds of 40mph and gusts will be up to 60 to 70mph.
Police anticipate the weather could result in damage to buildings as well as some disruption to road networks.
This will lead to a significant increase in calls to the police force, we are therefore reminding the public to only to call 999 in an emergency so those in need can be responded to quickly.
An emergency is classed to be an immediate threat to life or property.
In a non-emergency situation please call 101 so we can ensure we respond appropriately.
The Environment Agency has put a flood alert in place for Christchurch Harbour.
It remain in force for two hours following the time of high tide.
The forecast wind direction is West South Westerly with wind strength is Force 8.
The Government has issued this advice for those at risk of flooding:
- Sign up for free flood warnings and create a personal flood plan.2. Try to avoid contact with flood water.
- Do not drive through flood water and do not let children play in flood water.
- Feeling distressed after a flood is normal.Support from family and friends is important during the recovery process.
- Do not use petrol or diesel generators indoors to dry out your home. The exhaust gases contain carbon monoxide, which can kill.
- When cleaning up after a flood, wear rubber gloves, boots and eye protection, and wash hands afterwards.
Service suspended on Hovertravel between Ryde and Southsea due to adverse weather conditions.
Storm Brian is expected to lash the UK with 70mph winds and heavy rain with disruption continuing until around midnight.Read the full story ›
The forecast for the east from Holly.Read the full story ›
All this week we've been meeting the nominees for the ITV Pride of Britain Fundraiser of the Year.
We've been celebrating people in our region who go the extra mile to help others - and they have all been fantastic contenders.
Our judges have confirmed the winners from the east and west of the region. A helping hand from 'Strictly' judge Craig Revel Horwood...
Holly has the lunchtime forecast for the east of the region.Read the full story ›
Holly has a windy forecast for the east of the ITV Meridian region.Read the full story ›
Holly has Friday's forecast for the east of the region.Read the full story ›