A number of detainees are being relocated to other centres because of damage to the building, a Home Office spokesman said.
The spokesman added that around half of the detainees are being relocated to other centres.The UK Border Agency website says the centre - privately run by MITIE - has space for 216 beds.
It describes Campsfield House as a long-term centre for men, who are detained pending the outcome of their immigration case and subsequent removal.
Video. Twin sisters - just two years old - were at the centre of a 13-hour siege today - as they were held hostage during a terrifying stand-off with armed police. Phil and Sangeeta link to Divya Kohli.
Thames Valley Police: "We can confirm that the armed incident in Kidlington has now concluded. The 38-year-old man inside the property in Morton Avenue was detained by officers at the scene at 3.37pm after he exited the property.
“Officers did deploy and discharge a Taser device in order to gain the man’s compliance. he has now been taken into custody. Updates will be made available when we have them."
Video. Twin two-year-old girls, who were being held in an armed siege at a flat in Oxfordshire, have been released. A man has been arrested.
A man has been arrested by police after a 13-hour siege in Kidlington, Oxfordshire.
Click to see pictures. Twin two-year-old girls, who were being held by their father in an armed siege at a flat in Oxfordshire, have been released.
Video. Twin two-year-old girls, who were being held by their father in an armed seige at a flat in Oxfordshire, have been released.
Police say twin girls will soon be reunited with their mother following an incident in Morton Avenue, Kidlington.
Police have extended the cordon surrounding an ongoing firearms incident in Kidlington.
The following is a list of roads that are currently affected by the ongoing incident:
- Morton Avenue / Churchill Road – no access for a section of Morton Avenue along to Yarnton Road.
- No access to Morton Close.
- Closure and diversion at Yarnton Road / junction with Grovelands. No access along the Yarnton Road to the Oxford Road. Buses and vehicles will need to divert from the Yarnton Road into Grovelands.
- Diversion at Oxford Road, junction with Churchill Road (access to residents of Churchill Road only).
- Diversion at Oxford Road, junction with Yarnton road (access for residents of Yarnton Road only).
- Yarnton Road junction with Morton Avenue is closed.
Thames Valley Police is extending the cordon around the ongoing firearms incident in Kidlington.
The cordon is being extended by 100 metres in all directions to maintain the safety of the public and local community.