A special street party built entirely from Lego has been thrown in Windsor to mark the Queen's 90th birthday.Read the full story ›
The mother of an eight year old boy who almost choked to death on a piece of Lego, is warning others of the dangers.Read the full story ›
The mother of an eight year old boy who almost choked to death on a piece of Lego, is warning other parents to be extra vigilant.
Keane Halls from Oxford needed emergency surgery after a small block lodged in his windpipe when he tried to pull two bricks apart with his teeth.
ITV Meridian spoke to Keane's mother Laura.
"At the LEGO Group we put product quality and safety as our highest priority. We naturally deeply regret the very unfortunate and unpleasant experience of both the parents and child in the specific case, and we are happy to hear they are doing fine despite the experience.
"As a company we adhere to the strictest toy safety standards globally and even go beyond legal requirements in our internal quality and safety standards that we apply to our products, to ensure the safety of children when they play with LEGO bricks.
"Despite the very stringent safety measures we take, we do not recommend that children put LEGO bricks in their mouth. On LEGO boxes containing small parts we make aware, that these may pose a potential choking hazard. The text is written alongside the age marking that indicates that these products are not suitable for children aged 0-3. In many sets we also include brick-separators – small tools that enable children to separate most LEGO bricks in a safe manner if they are unable to do it with their hands.
"We are grateful for all the feedback we receive from consumers around the world and we use this to improve both our products as well as product related communication."
An 8-year-old boy from Oxford who got a Lego piece stuck in his windpipe survived because he could breathe through its tiny hole.Read the full story ›
Legoland has unveiled its Lego Christmas tree and angel. Rare transparent bricks were used. Altogether 300,000 Lego bricks were needed to complete the project. Interview with Lauren Moss, PR manager.
A Sprocker Spaniel was officially declared the UK’s best pet when he came nose to nose with his perfect LEGO double at Legoland in Windsor.
One-year-old Sully was voted the nation’s top dog for helping a family deal with a life-changing tragedy and was nominated by eight-year-old Ella Harvey.
Sully was joined by his owners, The Harvey family, who credit their dog with bringing them closer together after dad, Gavin, lost both legs on a tour of duty in Afghanistan.
The canine topped a nationwide search to find the country’s best pet friend and Ella was overjoyed to see her puppy pal honoured with his very own LEGO model.
Sully has helped the family to overcome dark times.
Ella's mum, Kerry, said: "There's so much physically that we can't do as a family since Gavin was inured. But Sully helps us to bridge that activity gap."
The playful spaniel took a keen interest in his LEGO double, which took a model maker 11 days to create from 6,255 individual bricks.
Staff and patients at the Royal Berkshire Hospital examining the Lego model MRI scanner, which came complete with its own doctor and Lego-sized MRI scan.
The Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading has introduced a fun way of helping its younger patients prepare for scans. It asked Lego to create a model of an MRI scanner to help children understand what to expect.
Ashley Zdanowicz from the Royal Berkshire Hospital and Edward Parkin, who's a patient, tell us what they think.
A new model scanner made out of lego is helping to explain the scanning procedure for young patients. The model is being used for children having scans at the Royal Berkshire Hospital.