The father of a man accused of the "road rage" murder of a retired solicitor broke down in court as he said the killing need not have happened if his son's mental health had been treated "properly".
79 year old Don Lock was stabbed 39 times after a minor car crash on the A24 at Findon last year. Charlotte Wilkins reports from Lewes Crown Court.
Lewes prison has been told it needs to improve safety and reduce violence.
The prisons' inspectorate found a higher number of assaults at the sussex jail compared to others.
And almost a quarter of prisoners said they felt depressed or suicidal.
"Despite the prison's age I am pleased that the Chief Inspector has recognised that there are a number of strengths at HMP Lewes.
"It is a testament to the hard work of staff that the prison is clean, and decent, and that relationships between staff and prisoners are positive, and that resettlement support for prisoners is a strength.
"Improving safety is a priority and the Governor has put plans in place to address each of the inspectorate concerns, including provision of additional training for staff to better support vulnerable prisoners".
A pioneering scheme for people with learning difficulties has become the latest victim of council cuts in our region.
The Nature Corridors for All project in Lewes has been told by East Sussex County Council that the £50,000 a year it takes to fund it - will be stopped.
And as Andy Dickenson reports, its organisers have been left asking just where the cuts will end?
He speaks to Ebrima Furlong from Priory School, Jackie Poole, a participant of the scheme, and Dr John Parry, it's organiser.
A pioneering scheme for people with learning disabilities is the latest victim of funding cuts in East Sussex.
The 'Nature Corridors for All' project in Lewes sees adults with learning difficulties mixing with school children at an environmental centre.
The council says its having to make 'extremely difficult decisions' as it looks to save 70 million pounds.
ITV Meridian spoke to Dr John Parry from Nature Corridors for All.
In the second of his special reports, Andy Dickenson has been looking at how climate change is threatening our water supplies.Read the full story ›
Police are investigating reports that a woman was grabbed by a man as she walked home through Lewes. The 34-year-old victim from Newhaven was walking along Friars Walk at around 5.45pm on Tuesday when a black car pulled up alongside her. Three men were inside and one of them opened the back door and grabbed her arm.
She managed to get away and ran to the train station. She was uninjured but shaken. Detective sergeant Bonnie Cowley said: "We are still investigating the circumstances of the report and are working with the woman to established what exactly happened. There have been no other reports in the town and this appears at this stage to be isolated. There is no evidence to suggest this was an attempted abduction, however I urge people to be vigilant. We are appealing to anyone who saw what happened or has any information to contact police firstname.lastname@example.org"
It's one of the biggest bonfire night festivals in the world - with more than 25,000 people taking to the narrow streets of one Sussex town in a celebration of illumination and tradition.
But within hours of events getting underway in Lewes last night, more than 80 people were injured with six needing hospital treatment.
And there were five arrests for drugs, criminal damage and being drunk and disorderly.
So how safe is the event for the thousands of families that attend? Malcolm Shaw reports.
The former Bishop of Lewes is due to be sentenced today for a string of sexual offences against young men.
Peter Ball, 83, has pleaded guilty to indecently assaulting 18 young men in the 1970s, 80s and 90s. He's the most senior figure in the Church of England to be convicted of such attacks.
An investigation is to be launched into how the Church of England responded to allegations of abuse by the former Bishop of Lewes Peter Ball.
The 83-year-old is due to be sentenced this week for a string of offences against young men in the 1970s, 80s and 90s.
Lawyers for his victims say the church should no longer be trusted to police itself. The Church said the review will be published next year.
He will be sentenced at the Old Bailey on Wednesday.
A motorcyclist who died after his motorbike collided with a tractor pulling a trailer on the A27 in Sussex has been named.
Rene Weise, 31, was a German man who lived in Alice Street in Hove. He was riding a green Kawasaki ZR800 at Ashcombe near Lewes when it collided with a tractor driven by a 20-year-old man from Plumpton. The motorcyclist died at the scene of the crash.
Following the accident the police closed the eastbound dual carriageway between Falmer and Lewes for several hours. Detectives are appealing for anyone with information to telephone the police on 101 quoting Operation Principal or by sending an email to email@example.com .