After eighty years in business, it's been confirmed the Marks and Spencer store in Aldershot will close at the end of September.
More than eleven thousand people signed a petition to save the store.
In a statement the company says employees will be offered roles at nearby stores.
A campaign to save a big brand, and the town centre in general, is underway in the home of the British Army.
Marks and Spencer has announced it's proposing to close its store in Union Street in Aldershot after 80 years of business - and 45 employees could lose their jobs.
Butt the announcement has raised the question of whether this is a bigger issue, and whether the town centre itself is in decline. Divya Kohli reports
A post mortem examination will be carried out later this week on a contractor who's believed to have accidentally electrocuted himself at a shopping centre in Kent. Phillip Dodd, 62, from Horley in Surrey, had been working at the Tunbridge Wells branch of Marks and Spencer.
The contractor who died at the Marks and Spencer shop in Tunbridge Wells on Saturday has been named as 62-year-old Philip Dodd. Mr Dodd was a widower who lived in Horley in Surrey. His family have been informed.
It's been reported that the man killed by electrocution at a Marks and Spencer store in Tunbridge Wells was a contractor.
Police guard a Marks and Spencer store in Tunbridge Wells where a man was killed this afternoon when he was electrocuted.
Marks and Spencer has issued a statement after a man was killed after being electrocuted at its store in Tunbridge Wells.
An M&S Spokesperson said: "There has been a tragic incident at the store today and our thoughts are with the family concerned.
"We are now concentrating on doing all we can to assist the emergency services with their investigation and as such are unable to comment any further at this stage.'
Police have confirmed that a man has been killed after being electrocuted at a Marks and Spencer store in Tunbridge Wells.
Ambulance crews were called just after 3pm to the store in Calverley Road.
Kent Police have confirmed that the man was not a member of staff or a customer.
A spokeswoman said that the Health and Safety Executive have been informed.
An investigation is underway after a man was killed after being electrocuted at a Marks and Spencer store in Tunbridge Wells.