Thatched cottage fire pictures
Dramatic pictures of thatched cottage fire
Firefighters were called to a blaze at a thatched cottage in Moreton near Dorchester yesterday afternoon.
Five crews attended the incident using hose reel jets to extinguish the fire and ladders to remove smouldering thatch from the roof.
Firefighters were still on the scene this morning, dampening down hotspots.
The cause of this fire is believed to be a breech in the chimney which allowed the hot flue to ignite combustible material. No one was injured.