A woman whose mother and sister were shot dead has spoken of her grief as detectives continue to question a man over the killings.
A candlelit vigil has been held to remember a schoolgirl murdered 20 years ago in Kent.
Melissa Crook, her father and their baby son were killed in a house fire. Her ex-husband and an accomplice have been found guilty of murder.
A drug dealer's beginning a life sentence tonight, after mowing down a client who cheated him, with his car. The murder happened in Gillingham last January. John Ryall reports
A tenth male has been arrested over the murder of a man who died in a street stabbing. Hassan Mohammed, 24, from Camberwell, south east London, was found dead in York Road, Southend, Essex, at about 7pm on Monday. He had suffered two stab wounds.
A 17-year-old from Southend was arrested by officers last night at an address in Burdett Avenue, Westcliff. He is being questioned at Southend police station. Three other males, one aged 17 and two aged 18, and from north London, who were arrested on Wednesday remain in custody.
Six males aged between 17 and 19 who were arrested on Monday have now been released with no further action in relation to the murder, police added. Witnesses should contact detectives at Southend on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Three men who murdered an Italian waiter in Maidstone last year have been sentenced to life imprisonment.
Alexandras Zuravliovas, Salulius Tamoliunas and Linas Zidonas were yesterday found guilty of murder and grievous bodily harm after they drunkenly attacked 20-year old Joelle Leotta at a flat on Lower Stone Street.
Zuravliovas will serve a minimum term of 21 years; the others will be in prison for at least 20 years. The judge said the attack "outrages and horrifies the collective conscience of our community"
A man from Folkestone has been sentenced to life in prison for beating a father of two to death in a jealous rage. The court heard that Brian Sharp had become obsessively jealous of his victim's friendship with his girlfriend.
The judge said Sharp had shown 'not one flicker of remorse' after his 'cold hearted and callous attack.' on Tim Clayton, who was sleeping rough at the time.
Sarah Saunders spoke to Mr Clayton's mother and father, Anna and John; his daughter Jess and Det Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham from Kent Police.
A man from Folkestone has been sentenced to life in prison for beating a homeless man to death in a jealous rage.
Brian Sharp, who's 55, faces at least 18 years in jail before being considered for parole. The court heard Sharp was jealous of Tim Clayton's friendship with his girlfriend. And carried out a sustained assault on his victim in Folkestone last November.
We spoke to Tim's father, John Clayton.
A Folkestone man's been sentenced to life and will serve a minimum of 18 years in prison after being found guilty of murdering a homeless person to death in a jealous rage.
Brian Sharp, 55, of Manor Road, Folkestone, was found guilty of killing Tim Clayton by a jury at Canterbury Crown Court Thursday 26 June.
During the two week trial, the court heard how Sharp had become jealous about the 45-year-old victim’s friendship with his on-off girlfriend.
Sharp attacked Mr Clayton as he slept at Europa House in Pound Way on Friday 8th November..
He dragged the victim across the floor out into the open whilst he was still in his sleeping bag and launched a sustained attack, punching and kicking him as he lay defenceless.
Mr Clayton never regained consciousness. He was found in the morning by bank staff arriving for work at 8.20am.
He was airlifted to the Royal Hospital in London, but died in the afternoon on Sunday 10 November.
John and Anna Clayton, Tim’s parents, said: ‘On 10 November, our precious son Tim was taken from us and we are left with a great void in our lives. His children have lost a dear and loving father and we now have to start to live the rest of our lives with an important member of the family missing.’
A man charged with the murder of a pensioner is due before court today. 70 year old John Wildig died at Southampton General Hospital after being found with multiple stab wounds on Morris Road in the city on Monday night.
Paul Humphries who's 35 and from Morris Road has been remanded in custody to appear at Winchester Crown Court later today.
A man has been charged with murder following the death of a 70-year-old man from Southampton.
Paul Humphries, who is 35-years-old, was charged with murder after the death of John William Willdig on Monday evening.
Mr Willdig died at Southampton General Hospital after an incident on Morris Road at around 10:15pm.
The post-mortem showed that he died of multiple stab wounds.
Mr Humphries will appear at Southampton Magistrates Court later today.
No further action is being taken against two men who were arrested in connection with the death.
A woman, who was also arrested in connection with the incident, remains on police bail.
Detective chief inspector Mike Ashcroft said: "Although we can't categorically prove that Mark is dead at this time, we are treating this as seriously as we can.
"His sudden disappearance is completely out of character. He is close to his family but they have not heard from him at all."
Mr Ashcroft added: "There were no signs that he was depressed or may wish to harm himself. He seems to have vanished.
"His family are desperate to know what has become of him and they are being supported by a specially trained police officer.
"We want to hear from anyone who may have seen Mark or has any information about where he may be."
Mr Manning is white, 5ft 9in tall, clean shaven, with a tanned complexion and is of stocky build. He has blue eyes and is bald.
A former military bomb disposal expert who vanished almost two months ago is feared to have been murdered, detectives said.
Mark Manning, 54, from Lancing, West Sussex, was reported missing on April 22, three days after his family last heard from him.
He worked for the Mines Advisory Group (MAG), which clears landmines and other explosives from conflict zones around the world.
Relatives have said that Mr Manning has never vanished before and described his disappearance as completely out of character.
He has not used his mobile phone, or carried out any financial transactions and has failed to attend appointments and meetings, police said.
A murder inquiry has now been launched by the Surrey and Sussex major crime team as there have been no reported sightings of him.