The husband of a woman from Sussex who's been missing for six weeks has made a desperate appeal for her return.
Fatima Mohamed-Ali, who's fifty-two, was last seen near her home at Park Drive Close in Newhaven on 12 February.
She left her handbag and personal items behind. Her husband Mohamed says her disappearance is completely out of character. He spoke to our reporter Malcolm Shaw.
Police are very concerned for the welfare of 52-year-old Fatima Mohamed-Ali who is missing from her home in Newhaven.
She was last seen around 7.30am yesterday morning and is believed to have left her house in Park Drive Close on foot between this time and 3.15pm, leaving her handbag and other personal items behind.
This is completely out of character for Fatima who is Indian, 5' 2", of slim build with shoulder-length black hair worn in a ponytail. She is likely to be wearing traditional Indian dress.
"Fatima's family are understandably very worried about her and we have launched a full search for her in the Newhaven area, supported by volunteers from Sussex Search and Rescue (SusSAR). "If you have seen her at any time since Friday morning, please let us know immediately by calling 101 quoting serial 946 of 12/02. If you see her, please dial 999 immediately."
41 years ago he went missing and he hasn't been seen since, but today Lord Lucan was officially declared dead by a High Court Judge.
The peer disappeared after the nanny to his three children was found murdered - Lord Lucan the chief suspect. A blood-soaked car was later discovered in Newhaven, Sussex. Since then some have speculated he killed himself, others say he was helped to escape.
Today's ruling means there's now a new Lord Lucan as Andy Dickenson explains. His report contains flash photography and includes interviews with Lord John Bingham and Sandra Rivett's son Neil Berriman.
A dog had to be rescued by a lifeboat crew after it swam out to sea and got into trouble.Read the full story ›
A swan has had to be rescued after hitting power cables just north of Newhaven, East Sussex.Read the full story ›
Major plans to revamp Newhaven Port have been approved. The proposals included the expansion and upgrade of the existing berth at East Quay and the creation of a 3.5 hectare nature reserve. The changes will allow larger ships to be able to use the port.
Planners voted 7 to 2 in favour of the proposals. They concluded that the negative impacts of the scheme, including the loss of a sandy beach, were outweighed by economic and regeneration benefits.
The report said the proposal was "an opportunity for Newhaven to set itself to become established as a port offering modern facilities, which it is anticipated will attract trade in future, to the benefit of Newhaven as a whole".
The first regatta to be held on the River Ouse in Sussex takes place later.
Boats and canoes will be part of the Lewes to Newhaven Raft Race which will travel through the centre of Lewes for the first time in in its 40-year history, giving people the chance to throw missiles of eggs and flour bombs at competitors.
Lewes Rowing Club and Lewes Round Table say they are are keen for it to be a summer highlight that will become as much of a fixture as Bonfire.
Rafts decorated in a 1970s theme to celebrate the event's 40th anniversary.
The coastguard have stood down a search for a vessel which made a distress call saying it was taking in water.
Helicopters and lifeboats were called out in the search for the vessel, believed to be in the Newhaven area.
It has since been called off, pending further information.
The Coastguard has received a distress call from a vessel at sea - saying it had a hole in its side and was taking in water - but has since lost contact.
Helicopters and lifeboats are trying to locate the vessel, which they believe could be in the Newhaven area.
We received a broken message via VHF? radio this afternoon at about 2.30 pm that a vessel needed assistance because it had a hole in its side and was taking water. Since that time we have had no further communication with the vessel.
Classic motorbikes from the 1920s onwards have been on show today in Sussex.
Newhaven Fort became the stage for around 60 machines brought together by the Sussex British Motorcycle Owners Club.
The group, mainly made up of retired enthusiasts, still maintain and ride their bikes around the countryside every Friday. We spoke to bikers George Short and Mick Gant.