Hampshire Police have said the sudden death of a man at Dodnor Lane in Newport on the Isle of Wight was not suspicious. Officers were alerted to at 8.55am this morning.
They found the body of a man in his fifties. The death is not being treated as suspicious and police are currently informing next of kin.
A 75-year-old man has been sentenced to six years behind bars at Reading Crown Court after pleading guilty, at a preliminary hearing, to historic child sex offences which took place in Windsor, Bournemouth and the Isle of Wight between 1965 and 1979.
Michael Feben, of Medina Avenue, Newport, pleaded guilty to six offences relating to three boys, aged between 11 and 13 years old.
Police are appealing for witnesses following a report of a suspicious incident in Newport on the Isle of Wight. Detectives are investigating after a 13-year-old girl was approached by a man as she walked home along the footpath that runs behind Christ the King College at about 3.45pm on Tuesday.
The man has gone to grab the girl, however she was able to push him off and get away. She was uninjured, but shaken by the incident. The man was described as:
- About 6ft 1ins tall
- Average build with a bit of a belly.
- Late 40s to mid 50s
- Short, dark brown/greyish coloured very curly hair
- Bushy eyebrows
- Wearing a brown coat
Local Safer Neighbourhood Teams will be patrolling the area and offering advice and reassurance to local schools in the vicinity.
Police are appealing for information about a crash between two cars in Newport. The accident happened around 10.30 on Saturday morning. A red Suzuki Jimny and a blue Renault Clio collided on Forest Road near the junction with Whitehouse Road.
The driver of the Clio - 79-year-old man from Cowes - was seriously injured and taken to St Mary’s hospital.
The passengers - an 85-year-old, 46-year-old man, and a 58-year-old - were taken to St Mary’s Hospital with minor injuries and later discharged.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or saw either vehicle driving prior to it. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Shanklin Roads Policing unit on 101 quoting Operation Petalyte.
Police on the Isle of Wight are appealing for witnesses after three cars were severely damaged in an arson attack in Newport in the early hours of the morning.
Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service were called to the incident at 3.31am and 3.55 am today after a Citroen C3 and a Ford Mondeo parked to the rear of Carisbrooke Road and a Hyundai SantFE parked in Drill Hall Road public car park reported as being on fire.
A woman was left with a fractured nose, bruising and lost some teeth after a robbery in the Isle of Wight.
The 54-year-old victim was walking home from Newport at around 12.25pm on Sunday 3rd November.
She was approached by a man in the area of Caesars Road who attacked her and stole her handbag.
The black handbag contained a mobile phone, bank cards, make up, keys and cash.
The victim described the man as white, 6ft tall with a bald head. He spoke with a foreign accent.
Anyone with information can contact DS Gary Lyons at Newport DCID by phoning 101.
A victim of an assault has been left with a suspected broken eye socket plus bruising and swelling to the face.
The incident happened near to the William Coppin Public House in Newport in the early hours of the morning of Sunday 8th September.
Investigating officer, Detective Constable Andy Cooper of Newport DCID said, "There had been a minor altercation inside the pub earlier in the evening. When the man left, he was assaulted by another man who was with two women."
Anyone with information should contact DC Cooper at Newport DCID by phoning 101.
Tourists have had their holidays ruined on the Isle of Wight after four cars and a motorbike were vandalised or set on fire during the early hours. Two cars were set alight between 2am and 3.30am in the Drill Hall Road car park in Newport, damaging nearby cars.
A further two vehicles were set alight in nearby Alexandra Lane and a motorbike parked in nearby Lugley Street had its fuel and coolant lines stolen, which is also believed to be linked. Many of the vehicles were owned by holiday makers who had clothing and possessions in the vehicles at the time.
A 17-year-old man is in custody at Newport Police Station.