Thames Valley Police is appealing for the public’s help in tracing a 48-year-old man missing from his home in Oxford.
Peter Dixon was last seen in Clarks Row at around 10.50am on Wednesday.
He is described as white, with a stocky build. He was wearing black-rimmed glasses, a blue T shirt and grey tracksuit bottoms. He has a tattoo of a swallow on his left forearm and one of a union flag on his right forearm.
Officers are increasingly concerned for Peter’s welfare as he has limited access to money and he needs regular medication.
Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses following a report of a rape in Oxford.
At approximately 2am today an 18-year-old woman walked down St Ebbes Street with a man she had met in a nightclub earlier in the evening. They entered Brewer Street where the man raped her. The woman left Brewer Street at around 2.30am.
A scene watch is currently in place in the area of Brewer Street and St Ebbes Street while officers examine the area.
The offender is described as black, aged in his twenties with short black hair. He was wearing dark grey jeans and a light grey T-shirt.
"We take all reports of this nature seriously and a thorough investigation is now in progress. Officers are currently working to establish the circumstances of what happened and to locate the offender. The victim is being supported by specially-trained officers. If anyone saw or heard anything at all in the area which could help us with this investigation please contact us. Our Neighbourhood Team is aware of the incident and officers will be in the area. If anyone has any concerns please approach an officer.”
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will today open the Dickson Poon University of Oxford China Centre Building. It's a dedicated area for the study of China, with 50 academics working on the politics, economics, history, literature and society of the country.
A new water bus has been launched in Oxford to help ease congestion on the city's roads and give tourists a scenic alternative to the open top bus.
The electric twelve-seater passenger boat will whisk passengers along the canal from Aristotle Lane to the city centre at Hythe Bridge Street, seven days a week.
It uses a fraction of the energy used to take people by bus. The service is about to start a six week trial today, but as Juliette Fletcher reports the boat entered troubled waters...
The interviewees are Alan Joyce from Oxford Water Bus, and Councillor Bob Price of Oxford City Council.
Next time you're lumbering through Oxford on a bus, you can at least imagine you're on a race track,, because beneath your feet the engine might be bristling with new supercar technology.
An Oxford company has launched its new fleet of buses for the City, equipped with the latest developments in Formula One racing. As Cary Johnston reports, they hope it will keep them one lap ahead of the rest.
New students are to be warned by police about the dangers of so-called legal highs. Thames Valley Police are to target the thousands of freshers who will arrive in Oxford from later this month. The force is considering handing leaflets to students after the county's director of public health, Dr Jonathan McWilliam, warned of the dangers of the substances in a report in June. He said: "They are really the new challenge in the drug world. It's something we need to get more eyes open to in this county."
Oxford's police commander, Superintendent Christian Bunt, said that legal highs were now causing problems for the emergency services. He said: "We have seen an increase in people saying they have taken legal highs. It does seem that the national trend is playing out here in Oxford." Mr Bunt said the drugs left users vulnerable to crime and caused problems for medical staff, who might not know what substances had been taken.
He said: "Our concern is about people who put themselves at risk and in a vulnerable situation. A lot of them are having the exact same impact they are when they take illegal drugs."
The father of Connor Tremble, 17, who was fatally stabbed in Oxford in February has issued a tribute to his son. The statement follows the sentencing of the teenager's killer to a minimum of twenty-three years behind bars.
“Will Blencowe admitted killing Connor. Then made up a pack of lies to blacken Connor’s name and justify the brutal premeditated crime.
“Our family is grateful that the jury saw through these lies and gave Connor the justice he deserved.
“Our thanks go to the paramedics and staff of the JR2 Adult Intensive Care Unit for their valiant efforts to save Connor’s life.
“Our family also thanks Thames Valley Police, the DPP and Richard Barton for bringing Blencowe to justice.
“Our special thanks go to the family liaison officers DC Claire Routledge and Katy Datchler for their care and support over these last months.
“In his short life Connor touched many lives. He will be greatly missed and always remembered.”
Twenty-one year-old William Blencowe has been jailed for life for the murder of seventeen-year-old Connor Tremble. The teenager from Oxford was stabbed at a property in Fairacres Road in the city on 13th February. He died in hospital two days later.
Blencowe, who is from Banbury, will serve a minimum of twenty three years behind bars. He was found guilty at Oxford Crown Court yesterday.
Two other defendants: Bradley Jones, 21, of New Road, Bledington, and Grant Clemens, 24, of Stockwells, Moreton-in-Marsh - who were on trial alongside Blencowe - both accused of perverting the course of justice, were both found not guilty.
“This sentence reflects the severity of the crime Blencowe has committed.
“Throughout this process Blencowe has shown no remorse for his actions which lead to 17-year-old Connor’s death.
“Blencowe has not done anything to help police with the investigation and he will now have a long time in prison to reflect upon his actions.”
A man has been found guilty of the murder of Oxford teenager, Connor Tremble.
17-year-old Connor was stabbed at Fairacres Road in February. He was taken to hospital but died two days later.
Will Blencowe, who's 21 was found guilty by a jury at Oxford Crown Court this afternoon.
Plans for a new rail link between Oxford and Cambridge have come a step closer. An independent study says there is a good business case for the link which Network Rail will now take forward and work on detailed plans.
It is part of the East West Rail scheme with the first phase from Oxford to Bedford given the go ahead. Phase two would see a link to Cambridge with detailed plans due to go to the Government in 2016. If could open in ten years time.