Five people have been given sentences totalling more than 30 years in prison, following an investigation into the supply of Class A drugs in Portsmouth.
The Operation Fortress investigation ran between March and August 2015 and focused on drugs supply between Manchester and Portsmouth.
The five people all pleaded guilty.
27 year-old John Burns of Dingle Close, Radcliffe, Manchester, was sentenced to eight years in prison for conspiracy to supply Class A drugs and three counts of money laundering.
19 year-old Chae Neville of no fixed address was jailed for three years and two months for conspiracy to supply Class A drugs
25 year-old Luke Leighton of Somers Road, Portsmouth, was jailed for nine years for conspiracy to supply Class A drugs
21 year-old Corey Vaughan of no fixed address was jailed for five years and five months for conspiracy to supply Class A drugs
24 year-old James Hull of Dresden Street, Manchester was sentenced to four years and six months in prison for conspiracy to supply Class A drugs
Chief Inspector James Pegler said: “Police in Portsmouth continually work to disrupt and tackle drug-dealing in the city.
“I have said before that we will not tolerate drug-dealing in Portsmouth and I hope this result proves reassuring to the local community and that they can see the benefit of the work of Operation Fortress.
A major exhibition is being launched at the National Museum of the Royal Navy in Portsmouth to commemorate the Battle of Jutland.Read the full story ›
Hampshire Police have issued a statement ahead of the League Two first leg play-off semi-final at Fratton Park this evening. Portsmouth face Plymouth Argyle.
We appreciate that this is a crucial first leg play-off and understand the significance of this match to fans, which is why we want it to run smoothly.
Hampshire Constabulary work closely with Portsmouth Football Club, and it is our intention to prevent crime and disorder and promote a trouble free event to ensure the safety of all fans. Those who are intent on committing offences are likely to be arrested and face lengthy banning orders that prohibit them from attending future matches.
Specially trained Public Order Officers will be used as part of our operation to manage the crowd before, during and after the match.
We know that most supporters will travel to and from the match to enjoy the game and we will be working closely with the British Transport Police, Local Authority and the club to minimise congestion and disruption to local communities in the hope that journeys run smoothly.
This match is suspected to be a sell-out with nearly 19,000 supporters at Fratton Park, of which more than 2,000 will be away fans. The vast majority of supporters attend the football to enjoy the game and do so peacefully.
People should be able to bring their children and family members to the matches without worry, and therefore we hope that everyone will be able to enjoy the evening without incident.
Conservatives retain control of Portsmouth, but with no overall majority.
An early prediction from Portsmouth - council leader Donna Jones to retain her seat with a healthy majority. Elsewhere it is likely to be as you were, with Conservatives still the biggest party.
Ballot boxes have arrived in Portsmouth Guildhall where counting is due to begin shortly. Fourteen seats are up - including the one held by Leader of the Council ,Donna Jones. She has been leading a minority Conservative administration with the support of UKIP and Labour. Seven of the seats being contested are currently held by the Lib Dems who did badly in the city at the general and local elections last year. UKIP currently have four seats on the council and could make more gains tonight.
Detectives investigating a serious assault on a 17-year-old girl in Portsmouth say they have made an arrest in connection with the incident.
The teenager was attacked in Shearer Road on Monday 11th April. A 28-year-old man from Portsmouth is in police custody.
Anyone with information can telephone police on 101 quoting Operation Gather, or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Police have released further CCTV images of a man they want to speak to following a suspected hammer attack on a teenage girl in Portsmouth.
The 17-year-old was attacked at a property in Shearer Road two weeks ago.
A £5000 reward has been offered for information that leads to the attacker's arrest and conviction.
A woman has been taken to hospital with a serious head injury after a crash involving a bus in Portsmouth.
It happened just after 5pm yesterday afternoon on Copnor Road.
The 59-year-old pedestrian was airlifted to Southampton General Hospital where she is currently being treated.
The road was closed to allow officers from the Roads Policing Unit, who are based at Havant police station, to carry out their investigations. The road was reopened at 8.30pm.
“As part of this investigation we would like to hear from anybody who may have witnessed the collision.
“We are particularly keen to speak to a female bus passenger who left the scene before we were able to speak to her. We have obtained CCTV footage from the bus and this will form part of our investigation.
“We would also like to thank members of the public for their patience while the road was closed to allow our specialist officers to carry out a detailed examination of the scene.”
A witness appeal is underway after a 17-year-old girl was attacked in Portsmouth with what is believed to have been a hammer.Read the full story ›