Angry rail passengers from Sussex went to the Department for Transport today to demand an end to the misery caused by the long running dispute at Southern.
They're angry many services at Seaford have been replaced with buses and say the move is having a major impact.
Here's our Transport Correspondent, Mike Pearse.
Steve Hedley, RMT's Senior Assistant General Secretary, talks to our Transport Correspondent, Mike Pearse, about the forthcoming Southern Rail strikes.
Southern Rail say they are "appalled" by the RMT union members' decision to strike. Here is their full statement:
Passengers and staff will once again be appalled by the RMT’s decision to hold yet another strike. We are moving forward with our plans for the benefit of customers after nine months of fruitless attempts to reach an agreement.
This action is unnecessary, unjustified and futile – we have guaranteed all our onboard staff a job until the end of the franchise, as valued members of our future operation, with no reduction in salary.
And claims that safety is at risk are just untrue. The independent rail safety body has said so, and nearly half our trains run without conductors already.
Rail passengers will face more travel chaos as Southern Railway announce a new 48-hour strike.
The Rail, Maritime and Transport (RMT) union say its members will walk out on 7th and 8th September. It's over the long-running row over the role of guards on trains, changes which were imposed from Sunday.
The strikes will come on top of months of disruption to Southern's services because of industrial action and staff shortages.
Passengers have staged demonstrations to protest the level of services.
The RMT union is expected to announce further strike action on Southern trains later today. It's in an ongoing row about the role of driver-only operated trains. Talks with the company at ACAS broke down last week.
The railway line between Dover and Folkestone, which was badly damaged by storms, is to re-open three months ahead of schedule. It was closed on Christmas Eve after part of the sea wall collapsed, making the track unstable. It has caused travel problems for thousands of commuters but train services will start running again next month. Tom Savvides talks to the chief executive of Network Rail, Mark Carne. This report also includes interviews with Richard Dean of Southeastern and the MP Charlie Elphicke.
Commuters in the region face a fares increase of just under 2% next year.Read the full story ›
Fresh talks are underway between Southern Rail and union leaders to try to resolve the ongoing dispute over the role of the guard.
The two sides have been meeting at the conciliation service ACAS. This week's 5-day strike has been called off but that hasn't stopped further cancellations today - although things should improve by tomorrow.
But campaigners claim the real victims of any changes will be wheelchair users who could be forced to book their travel 24-hours in advance.
Andy Dickenson investigates and speaks to rail users Esther Fox and Sam Taylor.
Southern rail passengers are being warned to expect significant delays to services today, despite the five-day strike being suspended.
The RMT union and Southern bosses will resume talks at the conciliation service ACAS later. But the strike timetable will remain in place today, with more services returning to the network tomorrow.
There's some hope for travellers using the Southern rail network - the strike has been suspended. The union, the RMT, made the announcement.
But there will still be significant disruption. GoVia Thameslink says rolling stock is out of place, and it could take days before the situation gets back to normal - and that will STILL be a reduced service.
And there's still no solution to the dispute about the role of the guard - a dispute that goes back to ACAS, the arbitration service, tomorrow.
Our Political Correspondent Phil Hornby reports.
View the latest Souther timetable here.