Nicole Richess, 20, from Bournemouth has pleaded guilty at Bournemouth Crown Court of perverting the course of public justice after falsely alleging that she had been raped by two soldiers now aged 23 and 24, when she was 18.
She will be sentenced on 26 march at Bournemouth Crown Court.
“Rape is a very serious criminal offence and happens when someone has not consented to a sexual act. Nicole Richess was not raped; she made two false allegations against two soldiers because she had been confronted by her boyfriend who had been made aware that she had been unfaithful. The investigation by Dorset Police into her allegations revealed that on Friday 9 November 2012, she went out for the evening with girlfriends in Bournemouth. They went clubbing and she, with one of her friends, met four young men, army soldiers. Nicole Richess then took the two soldiers to her home where they had sexual intercourse. What she did not know is that her boyfriend of three years would be aware of what happened through rumours, as a result he confronted her. Scared she started to make up stories and after three days of being pressurised by her boyfriend she went to the police and said she had been raped. She maintained her story during the police investigation, which quickly revealed discrepancies in her statement. Her selfishness and lies had serious consequences professionally and personally on the two young men, who had to be disciplined according to the Army Policy. The investigation went on their record and this limited their opportunities to be mobilised abroad. Their private lives had been exposed only because Nicole Richess could not take responsibility for her actions. We hope that with this conviction, they will be able to move on with their lives.”
A man from Hove has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for rape. Patrick Foley, who's 83 years old, was convicted of seven counts of rape against a girl, when she was aged between 11 and 18. The jury at Lewes Crown Court unanimously found him guilty of all seven counts between 1968 and 1975.
The victim has had to live with this for the last forty years and this is a fantastic result for her. She has shown enormous courage in coming forward and talking to us about what she endured and now she has the justice she deserves. I would urge anyone who has suffered any form of historic abuse to also have the courage to come forward.
A rapist who subjected his victim to a terrifying knifepoint ordeal and threatened to kill her if she told anyone has been jailed for 13 years.
Berhe Berhane, 22, from Willesborough in Ashford was sentenced to 16 years in total; 13 years in prison and a further three on licence, when he appeared at Canterbury Crown Court on Monday 24 November. He was found guilty of carrying out four charges of rape in Canterbury by a jury on Wednesday 15 October.
On one occasion in July 2012 he first tried to attack her after they had been out for the evening where he pushed her to the ground and tried to get on top of her, but she escaped.
Then in April 2014 she was staying at her boyfriend’s house and was woken by the noise the other housemates were making. Berhane then came into her room with a knife. He told the victim he was going to stab her if she didn’t do what he asked. He then forced her toperform a sex act on him and then forced her to have sex with him twice. He even told her she wasn’t showing enough enthusiasm.
After he had finished he got up and thanked his victim, threatened to kill her if she told anyone, and then walked out of the room. The victim said she felt scared to tell anyone in case he carried out his threat then got dressed and went to work. The victim did confide in a friend and reported the attacks. Berhane was arrested by Kent Police and charged on 21 April 2014.
This man subjected the victim to a terrifying ordeal and made threats to her life should she tell anyone. So I commend her bravery incoming forward and reporting what had happened to her. We would alwaysencourage victims to come forward. And now Berhane is locked away and unable to cause any more harm.
A man who raped a woman in her home after hitting her head repeatedly against a wall has been jailed for 11 years.
Ross Gee, 27, from Northfleet, also threw a mobile telephone at his victim’s face and threatened her with a knife, on Thursday10 April 2014.
He denied carrying out the attack but was sentenced at Maidstone Crown Court on Monday 24 November after being found guilty following a trial.
The court heard how Gee assaulted his victim after refusing to leave her house, first backing her into a corner before grabbing her by the throat.
He then dragged the woman to a different room, where he repeatedly hit her head against a wall before throwing a mobile telephone at her face.
Gee then went into the kitchen and returned with a knife,which he held against his victim’s face.
A short while later he forced the woman to perform a sex act on him before raping her.
Ross Gee is a violent man who viciously attacked and raped a woman but refused to accept responsibility for his actions. I am very pleased with the lengthy prison sentence he will now serve. He is a danger to women and belongs behind bars. I would like to pay tribute to Gee’s victim, who showed great courage in speaking about her ordeal in order to aid the investigation. Kent Police will always take seriously and investigate any allegations of sexual assault, and victims can rest assured they will be treated with care,sensitivity and compassion.
Police are appealing for information after a 22-year-old woman was raped on the beach directly in front of the Coalition night club, Kings Road Arches, Brighton.
The attack took place in the early hours of Saturday (4 October). The suspect is aged about 25, with olive skin, of medium build and with short dark hair.
He was wearing a dark blue or black "puffa" style sleeveless jacket over a light-coloured long-sleeved top and jeans. He spoke with a foreign accent which was possibly Middle Eastern.
Anyone who noticed the suspect or his victim. or who may have other relevant information, is asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 101, quoting serial 451 of 7/10.
Alternatively they can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers free and anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Thames Valley Police has today charged a 41-year-old man in connection with a rape in Headington, Oxford.
Catalin Horhota, of no fixed abode, was charged with one count of rape; one count of attempted rape; two counts of sexual assault on a female; one count of burglary dwelling and theft; and one count of exposure.
The charges are in connection with incidents in a property in Roosevelt Drive, Oxford, on Saturday, in South Park on Sunday, in Abingdon police station yesterday and a burglary in Morrell Avenue, Oxford, on Thursday.
Horhota was remanded in custody to appear at Oxford Magistrates’ Court today.
Police in Oxford have arrested a man in connection with an incident of rape in Headington.
Between 2am and 3am yesterday (20/9) a woman entered a block of flats and was followed by a man who raped her before leaving the scene.
Det Insp Ian Wood said: “There have been extra patrols in the area today following the incident and if anyone has any concerns they can approach an officer or call the Neighbourhood Team on 101.
“The investigation is ongoing and I would like to continue to appeal for anyone with any information about this incident which could help police with their enquiries to speak to an officer.
“Thames Valley Police takes reports of this nature very seriously and is continuing to support the victim.”
If you have any information which could help police please call Oxford Force CID via the 24-hour Thames Valley Police enquiry centre on 101.
Police in Oxford are appealing for witnesses following a report of a rape at flats in Headington in the early hours of Saturday.
The woman's attacker followed her and attacked her between 2am and 3am, before raping her and leaving the scene.
The offender is described as white, aged in his forties to fifties, of skinny to medium build, and has grey hair. He was wearing a dark jacket which had a hood, a grey shirt and dark blue jeans.
The attack is not being linked to a separate report of a rape in Brewer Street, Oxford, also in the early hours of Saturday. A 21 year old man is currently being questioned in connection with THAT incident.
Det Insp Larry Johnson said: “I am appealing for anyone with any information about the incident, or anyone who saw a man in the area matching the description of the offender, to speak to police. An investigation is underway and, at the time, the victim is being supported."
Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses following a report of a rape in Oxford.
At approximately 2am today an 18-year-old woman walked down St Ebbes Street with a man she had met in a nightclub earlier in the evening. They entered Brewer Street where the man raped her. The woman left Brewer Street at around 2.30am.
A scene watch is currently in place in the area of Brewer Street and St Ebbes Street while officers examine the area.
The offender is described as black, aged in his twenties with short black hair. He was wearing dark grey jeans and a light grey T-shirt.
"We take all reports of this nature seriously and a thorough investigation is now in progress. Officers are currently working to establish the circumstances of what happened and to locate the offender. The victim is being supported by specially-trained officers. If anyone saw or heard anything at all in the area which could help us with this investigation please contact us. Our Neighbourhood Team is aware of the incident and officers will be in the area. If anyone has any concerns please approach an officer.”
Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses after a report of a rape in Abingdon.
Between 8.30pm and 8.45pm yesterday, a woman in her twenties was jogging on a bridleway adjacent to the A34 in Drayton, when a man approached her, pulled her to the ground and raped her.
“We take all incidents of this nature very seriously and we are conducting a thorough investigation. Officers are working with the victim today to establish exactly what happened and to locate the offender. If anyone saw or heard anything at all in the Drayton area last night which could help us with this investigation, no matter how insignificant they might think their information is, please contact us immediately. Incidents of this nature are extremely rare, but if anyone has any concerns or questions, please speak to officers who are in the area today conducting enquiries, or call 101. Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Insp Roddy on the Thames Valley Police non-emergency number, 101."