Southampton Football Club has confirmed it has received "multiple offers" for some of its players in recent weeks. It described the bids as "confirmation of the depth of the development that is ongoing in our academy and of the present standing of our first team within the Premier League."
But it said it not need to accept any offers that had been made for transferring players - with the exception of Rickie Lambert.
Regarding Rickie Lambert's transfer to Liverpool, the club said it was the right move for the player and for the club.
Southampton and England striker Rickie Lambert appears a step closer to completing a move to Liverpool after undergoing a medical on Merseyside.
The Anfield club are understood to have agreed a £4 million deal for the 32-year-old, who was once on their books as an academy player.
Liverpool are thought to be keen to complete a deal before Lambert heads to England's pre-World Cup training camp in the United States on Sunday.
Lambert told Sky Sports News: "The medical went well but as you know I can't say anything."I'll speak properly about it, hopefully, very shortly.
"It's been a crazy football year to be honest, the way it's carrying on."
Lambert was asked if he had spoken to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard about the move while with him on England duty over the past week.
He said: "I've spoken to Stevie a while ago, but I'll speak properly on Monday."
News of Lambert's impending move to his boyhood club came as a surprise when it emerged on Thursday evening.
Lambert was released by Liverpool at the age of 15 in 1997 and was later shown the door by Blackpool after moving to the Lancashire club as a trainee.
He did eventually turn professional and played in the lower divisions with Macclesfield, Stockport, Rochdale and Bristol Rovers before finally flourishing at Southampton.
Having helped Saints to two promotions and then impressing in the Premier League, he admits he will leave St Mary's with a heavy heart.
He said: "There's lots of emotions as you can imagine so it's something I need to address and obviously I will address all parties when I get the chance."
Liverpool are also understood to have made an improved offer of £25 million for Lambert's Southampton team-mate Adam Lallana after having an initial £20 million bid rejected.
Southampton striker Rickie Lambert was in the right place at the right time to score England's second goal against Moldova.
Southampton striker Rickie Lambert will start England's World Cup qualifier against Moldova, manager Roy Hodgson has confirmed. More later.
The nation's football fans have a new hero - 31 year old Southampton striker Rickie Lambert. He scored the winning goal against Scotland. We report on a unique rags to riches story.
Southampton striker Rickie Lambert has been included in the England squad to face Scotland at Wembley next week. Lambert, 31, is called up for the first time. Manager Roy Hodgson has also included Wayne Rooney despite his shoulder injury.
Lambert began his professional career with Blackpool in 1998 at the age of 16. He played in the lower divisions before joining Saints from Bristol Rovers.
Southamptpn striker Rickie Lambert has been called up for the England squad. He will join the squad for the match against Scotland next Wednesday. Lambert, 31, joined Saints in 2009. More later.
Rickie Lambert struck after 32 minutes to give Southampton the lead over Norwich at St Mary's.