A couple whose wedding day was disrupted by a major fire at their reception venue a year ago, have said they are still waiting for compensation. Robert and Alex Ballard lost property in the blaze at the hotel in Ryde on the Isle of Wight.
The couple said they have been offered a few hundred pounds, but that their losses run to several thousand pounds. Now they are heading to court. Richard Jones reports.
Staff at the Ryde Castle Hotel on the Isle of Wight are trying to find alternative accommodation for their guests after a fire swept through the building on Saturday night. A spokesperson from the hotel's parent company said that guests were safely evacuated to a nearby church.
Sources say fireworks were set off from the roof of the Ryde Castle Hotel which caught fire in Ryde on the Isle of Wight on Saturday night. The building was evacuated during a wedding reception. There are no reports of any injuries. The Isle of Wight Fire & Rescue Service is investigating.