Kent Police is appealing for information after two Akita dogs were reported stolen from a house in Horton Kirby, Sevenoaks.
The incident occurred between 7.30pm and 9.30pm on Saturday 1 August 2015.
It was reported that the owner of the dogs locked them away in a room at her house in Carleton Place before going out for a couple of hours. When she returned the door to the room had been opened and the dogs had gone.
Anyone with information is asked to call the appeal line on 01622 604100 quoting reference YY/15239/15 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively call Kent Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Four members of a burglary gang in Kent have been jailed after more than a hundred homes were targeted.
The men were arrested after a victim caught them at her home in Sevenoaks.
Joseph Mahon, 20, from Cambridge, and Teresa Connors, 21, from Essex, were part of the group which made the robberies between March and September 2014, stealing nearly £1 million worth of cars and property.
Mahon and Connors, who are also believed to have burgled two other homes the same day in White Hart Wood and Garth Road, pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit burglary. Mahon was jailed for three years and four months, and Connors for eight months.
The other members of the gang were Connors’ boyfriend Luke Wall, 24, from Essex; Kyle Shillingford, 27, of no fixed address; and Robert Butler, 31, from Essex.
A young brother and sister have been praised by paramedics for dialing 999 when their mother injured her head. James Dean, who's 7, and his 6-year-old sister Annabelle raised the alarm when mum Stephanie fell off a chair in her garden in Kent. The swift actions of the two youngsters meant an ambulance was dispatched to take their mother to hospital. Tom Savvides has this report.
A man has been jailed for breaking into a woman's home and sexually assaulting her as she slept.
Samuel Miller's victim ran out of the house screaming when she woke to find him in her home.
Miller, 30, of St John’s Road, Sevenoaks had been out walking alone in the town in the early hours of 26th July 2014.
The victim had been sleeping on her sofa when she woke to find Miller sexually assaulting her.
She told him to leave but he came back again by forcing a window. The victim then ran out into the street, screaming for help.
Miller was sentenced to five years in prison at Maidstone Crown Court.
Kent Police is appealing for witnesses to come forward following a fatal road traffic collision near Sevenoaks.
Officers were called at 2.42am this morning to reports of a single vehicle collision involving a black Vauxhall Zafira on the northbound carriageway of the A21 between Sevenoaks and Swanley.
The driver, a 43-year-old man from Essex, was pronounced dead at the scene and the road is closed as a result.
Traffic is advised to find alternative routes whilst officers from Kent Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit carry out their enquiries.
Anyone with information about the collision or who may have seen the black Vauxhall Zafira in the moments beforehand is urged to contact the SCIU appeal line on 01622 798538.
A man from Sevenoaks has been jailed for four years for sexually abusing a teenage boy.
Paul Judges, who's 49 and lived in Caxton Close in Hartley in Kent, took indecent photographs of his victim. Police then found these images on his computer, along with photographs of other children.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Donna Read said: "I hope this sentencing brings some closure to those affected by his crimes, who have shown tremendous courage in coming forward and supporting this prosecution."
Road users, business owners and local residents are being invited to find out more about a multi-million pound upgrade for the A21 in Kent.
Under Highways Agency plans, a 2.5 mile section of the A21 between Tonbridge and Pembury will be upgraded from single to dual carriageway, adding a lane in each direction.
A public exhibition is being held where members of the project team will be available to explain what's happening and answer questions about the scheme.
The exhibition will be held at the Mercure Tunbridge Wells Hotel in Pembury today between 2pm and 8pm and tomorrow between 10am and 4pm.
Advanced work on the project has already begun, with main construction expected to start next spring.
Kent Police has launched an investigation after thieves siphoned fuel from a pipeline running under Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg's official country residence.
Police said initial indications were that it had been "a well organised crime". A gang drilled their way into the pipeline, which passes through Chevening House estate, shared by the Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Secretary.
The fuel was funnelled along a 1,600 foot pipe to an area just outside the 3,500 acre estate near Sevenoaks, Kent, and pumped into huge plastic containers aboard lorries.
About 30,000 litres of fuel a day was stolen over seven months, with a value of £8.3 million at pumps.
The theft was discovered on Wednesday after new security measures were introduced on Esso's South East Pipeline. The line, 120 miles long, carries fuel from Fawley Refinery in Hampshire to Purfleet Fuel Terminal and Gatwick.
A Kent Police spokesman said: 'Kent Police was notified of some tampering to a fuel pipeline in the Sevenoaks area on August 6. Initial indications are that this was a well organised crime, employing highly specialist techniques to siphon fuel from pipelines which operate at very high pressure.'
An Esso spokesman said: 'We recently strengthened our pipeline security and monitoring procedures, and on Wednesday detected criminal damage at Chevening on the South East Pipeline, which transports fuel from the Fawley Refinery, Hampshire to Purfleet Fuel Terminal and Gatwick Airport.<
'The section of pipeline was temporarily shut down to make repairs, which have now been completed. There has been no impact on supplies to customers.
'We strongly condemn the highly dangerous criminal action by those involved and are working closely with the police in their criminal investigations.'
A man who wasted hundreds of hours of police time after he falsely accused someone of raping him has been jailed for 16 months.
Robert Fisher told Kent Police he had been raped by another man in an Otford car park in 2012. But an investigation by detectives found he had made up the allegations, in order to seek revenge for a friend.
As a result of the allegations Fisher made, a man in his 30's was arrested as he returned from a holiday with his family.
During police interviews, Fisher admitted the allegations had been entirely fabricated and that he had never even met the man he had accused of raping him. He said his victim had previously made a complaint to police about one of his friends. Because of this, he wanted him to experience being arrested and the impact this would have on his life.
Kent Police Detective Constable Jeremy Taylor said: