Hampshire Police has said Ashya King should be re-united with his parents at a "difficult and scary" time for him during his treatment.
A British mother whose son's life was saved by proton therapy has told ITV that she defied NHS doctors' advice to pursue the treatment.
The parents of Ashya King said they took him out of a hospital to seek proton beam treatment which is not available under the NHS.
Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt has told ITV News the Government is offering to fly one of the NHS' top medical experts to Spain to give advice on the next course of action for five-year-old cancer patient Ashya King.
Speaking to Political Correspondent Carl Dinnen, Mr Hunt said proton beam treatment - the preferred choice of the child's parents but previously unavailable at the NHS Trust where Ashya was treated - could be applied on the service if deemed appropriate.
– Jeremy Hunt, Health Secretary
The NHS does fund proton beam therapy for children who need it - we funded 99 children in the last year - [but] it is not always appropriate, it is not always safe.
We are arranging for an independent expert - one of our top oncologists - to fly out, if the family would like, to Spain to give them advice as to exactly what the right course of action for Ashya is going forward.
Asked about the way the NHS Trust treating Ashya handled things, Mr Hunt said: "It has been a very unfortunate sequence of events and there have clearly been misunderstandings along the way."
The Crown Prosecution Service says it is "taking steps" to withdraw the European Arrest Warrant against the parents of five-year-old cancer patient Ashya King.
"No further action will be taken against Mr and Mrs King and we are now in the process of communicating this decision to the Spanish Authorities so that they can be reunited with their son as soon as possible," the CPS said in a statement.
David Cameron has welcomed the Crown Prosecution Service's decision to drop charges against the parents of five-year-old cancer patient Ashya King.
I welcome the prosecution against #AshyaKing's parents being dropped. It's important this little boy gets treatment & the love of his family
Prosecutors are seeking to withdraw the arrest warrant for the parents of brain tumour patient Ashya King, a High Court judge has been told.
Lawyers representing the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) and Portsmouth City Council told Mr Justice Baker of the plan at the start of a hearing in the Family Division of the High Court in London.
Mr Justice Baker said the council had asked a judge to make Ashya a ward of court last week and to give directions about his medical treatment.
He said he would be given updates on the situation at today's hearing. Brett and Naghmeh King are being held in Spain after taking their five-year-old son from Southampton General Hospital last week.
A lawyer has told Good Morning Britain that the parents of Ashya King did the right thing to refuse extradition.
Karen Todner said that if the couple had accepted extradition they would have been detained in custody for 10 days before being returned to the UK.
She added that Brett and Naghmeh King have a good defence because the UK are attempting to extradite the pair on acts of cruelty.
On Friday, August 29, a number of people were jailed in Southampton for their part in a gang which supplied and distributed cocaine in the city. During Hampshire Constabulary’s 18-month Operation Vulture, warrants were carried out in early 2013 at addresses including Vanguard Road, Calmore Drive, Wittering Road, and Inkerman Road. Cocaine and mixing agents were seized and a number of arrests were made.
At Southampton Crown Court the following people have now been sentenced:
26-year-old Omar Prince Thomas of Mortimer Road was jailed for eight years for two counts of conspiracy to supply class A drugs, specifically cocaine, and one count of possession with intent to supply a class A drug, specifically cocaine.
45-year-old Brian Hill of no fixed address was jailed for two and a half years for one count of conspiracy to supply class A drugs, specifically cocaine.28-year-old Christopher Vine of Calmore Drive was jailed for two years for one count of conspiracy to supply class A drugs, specifically cocaine.
In addition for their part in the gang 40-year-old Samantha Goudling of Wittering Road was given an eighteen month sentence suspended for two years, and 25-year-old Cara Bannister of Vanguard Road was given a twelve month sentence suspended for two years.
– Senior investigating officer Detective Inspector Jason Attwell
These convictions represent the dismantling of a well orchestrated, structured and organised crime group supplying Class A drugs, specifically cocaine throughout the city of Southampton and surrounding areas. Omar Prince Thomas was the head of this group and proved himself to be a very determined and organised drug dealer. He identified and utilised a network of vulnerable people in his ongoing illegal business enterprise. It was only through the tenacity and hard work of Southampton's dedicated drug-related violent crime team, Operation Fortress, that the group was brought to justice. In particular I would like to highlight the excellent work of the case officers, DS Edis and DC Blanche for the dedicated and professional investigation they conducted ensuring these convictions where achieved".
Operation Fortress is a campaign involving police and other agencies to reduce the harm of drug-related violence. One of the aims is to restrict the supply of drugs and officers are keen to hear from anyone who is concerned about illegal drugs or drug-related crime in their neighbourhood.
The things to look out for are as follows:
A sudden increase in visitors to a house or flat and people only staying for a very short time. Short exchanges between small groups of people at or close to a flat or house. Residents leaving a flat or house on numerous occasions throughout the day and returning a short time later. People loitering in an area and using their mobile phones frequently. New-looking or hire cars parked outside a house or flat that wouldn’t normally be there, and being driven by somebody that you wouldn’t normally associate with driving that style of car.
If you have any concerns, call police on 101 or 999 if a crime is in progress.
The parents of five-year-old Ashya King are planning legal action against Southampton General Hospital.
Brett and Naghmeh King's lawyer said the "desperate" couple are considering "demands" against the hospital which they removed their son from last Thursday.
The couple must be held for up to 72 hours while a court in Madrid considers whether to grant a British extradition request.
Juan Isidro Fernandez Diaz, the couple's lawyer in Spain, said they are "so sad", adding: "They are going to prepare legal demands against the hospital in Southampton. Legal action will be against the hospital."
Mr Diaz told BBC's Radio 5 Live that the couple "wanted the very best for their child".
Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg said "the full force of the law" should not be thrown at the parents of Ashya King and called for the family to be reunited.
He told Good Morning Britain: "My heart does go out to them [Ashya's parents] and I'm like any parent.
"It seems to me...that Mr and Mrs King are in a state of great anguish and have taken this exceptional step of removing their child from hospital and going elsewhere because that's what they think is right for their child.
"We can debate whether we think that's right or not but that's clearly their motive and I don't think that kind of motive is the reason why we should be throwing the full force of the law at them.
"I do want to see the family reunited and I think it's awful Ashya is in a hospital on his own."
More than 76 thousand people have signed a petition calling for seriously ill Ashya King to be reunited with his parents - who have been taken into police custody in Spain.
The five year old is suffering from a brain tumour and needs constant medical care. His parents are waiting to hear if they'll be granted bail. The petition - will be handed in at Downing Street this lunchtime.