Homeowners and businesses have been urged to use water "wisely" despite one of the wettest years on record in 2012.
Householders in the South are to be hit with the largest increase in water bills this year.
Two of the region's water firms have lifted their hosepipe bans. However, South East Water's ban remains. Meridian asked the firm why.
After two days of flooding it's hoped people can begin clearing up their homes in West Sussex today. Southern Water and Thames Water have both announced the end of their hosepipe bans.
Is one day of sunshine going to be enough to save our fruit crops in the Garden of England? Sangeeta spoke to Mike Roser at the National Fruit Collection at Brogdale in Kent, and asked him what effect the drought and then the wettest April on record has had on the fruit trees?
Despite the recent downpours, bore holes across the Thames Valley are dry. Thames Water says some of its measuring stations are so dry that engineers cannot get a reading.
4 water companies in the South will ban the use of hosepipes, as the region struggles to cope with a prolonged drought. Southern Water, Thames Water, South East Water and Veolia South East will fine customers £1000 if they are caught;
- watering a ‘garden’ using a hosepipe;
- cleaning a private motor-vehicle using a hosepipe;
- watering plants using a hosepipe;
- cleaning a private leisure boat using a hosepipe;
- filling or maintaining a domestic swimming or paddling pool;
- drawing water, using a hosepipe, for domestic recreational use;
- filling or maintaining a domestic pond using a hosepipe;
- filling or maintaining an ornamental fountain;
- cleaning walls, or windows, of domestic premises using a hosepipe;
- cleaning paths or patios using a hosepipe;
- cleaning other artificial outdoor surfaces using a hosepipe.
Around eight hundred homes in Witney in Oxfordshire have had their water supply disrupted due to a burst water main. Thames Water is battling to bring the leak under control. It comes as the company today confirmed it's one of seven operators introducing a hose pipe ban next month.