The Titanic cemetery, where many people who died in the tragedy from Southampton are buried, is to be given a major upgrade next spring.
Headstones will be cleaned, new paths will be laid and the inscriptions will be whitened at the cemetery in Halifax, Canada.
Thousands of visitors go to the site every year.
Halifax was the nearest major city to where Titanic sank. Nearly 1,500 people lost their lives when the ship went down.
The Fairview Cemetery is one of three in Halifax, where 150 of those who died are buried
Video. A violin it is claimed was heroically played by Wallace Hartley, the Titanic band leader, as the ship sunk. It will go on show this week ahead of it being auctioned in Wiltshire next month. Forensic experts in Oxford helped a six year investigation trying to prove it is genuine.
But now relatives of another band member who also played a violin say they do not believe it is genuine. Mike Pearse reports.
According to auctioneers Henry Aldridge and Son, from Wiltshire, the instrument is made of maple and spruce wood and belonged to Wallace Hartley, the leader of the orchestra on the ill-fated ship.
They have spent six years researching the object and even enlisted world leading forensic scientist in Oxford and used a CT scanner in Swindon to prove it was authentic.
But as the violin is about to go on public view at the visitor attraction, Titanic Belfast, the relative of another band member says he simply "does not believe" it is genuine.
Christopher Ward lost his grandfather, Jock Hume, in the tragedy. He was 21 years-old and himself played the violin. Mr Ward has spent years researching the subject for a book, And the Band Played On.
He told ITV News the way violins were made a century ago meant is was unlikely it could have survived for several days in the water after the Titanic went down. "It would have broken up" he believes.
But the auctioneers disagree. They say they "wanted proof beyond doubt" it was genuine before they sold it. They have spent six years and many thousands of pounds on world forensic experts and historians to discover if it is the real thing.
They say the inscriptions on the violin itself and the case that was with it prove beyond doubt it is genuine.
A ten metre long model of the proposed Titanic 2 will take to the water for the first time next month.Read the full story ›
A new exhibition featuring are and previously unseen artefacts from the Titanic's passengers and crew is due to open in Southampton later.
The touring exhibition called 'Titanic Honour & Glory' has already been visited in other parts of the UK by more than half a million people.
The restoration of the ship they call the baby Titanic is finally complete, after seven years of hard work.
The Nomadic was built to ferry up to 1,000 passengers out to the Titanic - as she was often too big to get into individual ports.
Now the Nomadic been returned to her original state, thanks to a major fundraising campaign and a Heritage Lottery grant. Our Transport Correspondent Mike Pearse spoke to Denis Rooney from the Nomadic Trust in this report.
A letter written by the bandmaster of the Titanic, who carried on playing as the ship sank, has sold at auction for £93,000. Violinist Wallace Hartley wrote the letter to his parents as the ship set off from Southampton on April 10, 1912.
Plans for a second Titanic have today come a major step nearer with the awarding of the first major contract for the new ship.
The Australian businessman behind the controversial scheme, Clive Palmer, has announced one of the leading marine companies in the world, Delatamrin, will manage the design and construction of the vessel.
Some have remained sceptical if the ship would ever be built but the awarding of the contract does indicate she may eventually be built.
Many people in Southampton have criticised the plan as insensitive to those who died on board. 550 came from the city.
But others say it will be a tribute to those who died and 'can't wait' to get on board.The ship is due to sail from Southampton to New York from 2016.
The Sea City Museum in Southampton opened a year ago - exactly 100 years since the ship left its home port on that fateful journey. And it has seen higher than expected visitor numbers. Mike Pearse reports.
The Australian billionaire behind Titanic ll today failed to show up at his own launch event in Southampton. He plans to build a full size replica of the ship at an estimated cost of £350m. Fred and Sangeeta talked to our Transport Correspondent, Mike Pearse.