A bronze statue of one of the South East's most famous Olympians is causing controversy as local residents say it looks nothing like her.
A-levels will be completely abandoned by a school in Kent in favour of another set of qualifications
Roads Minister Greg Clark gives the go ahead for development work to start on the widening of the A21 in Kent.
A knife-wielding thief, with a history of serious offences, who robbed a jewellery store in Tonbridge with a knife - has today been given a life sentence. But he'll only serve a minimum of five years before he's eligible for parole on licence.
Peter Sanderson from Maidstone was caught after his car was tracked by CCTV. David Johns reports from Maidstone Crown Court, speaking with Det Con Tony Hatcher of Kent Police.
After weeks of disruption to passengers, Network Rail engineers are on track to re-open the full length of the Hastings to Tonbridge railway line to passengers next week.
Three landslips seriously damaged the rail line in early February and earlier this month.
Network Rail had hoped to fully re-open the route in early March, but the Whatlington slip moved again.
Network Rail’s route managing director for Kent, Fiona Taylor, said: “We are confident the line will re-open next week and I would encourage passengers to check before they travel. As soon as it has been proved safe to run trains, we will get things going and we and Southeastern will let you know.”
A body has been found in the water by the Medway Wharf Road, in Tonbridge. Formal identification is yet to take place but Kent Police say it's believed to be that of Kieron Knowlden, who was reported missing on 1 March. The family of the Kieron Knowlden has been informed.
The hunt for missing Tonbridge dad Kieron Knowlden is still ongoing.
Kent Police say they are continuing to search the River Medway in Tonbridge.
The 25-year-old has not been seen since he left Mojo’s Bar, in Barden Road, at about 2am on Saturday, March 1.
Experienced divers and sonar equipment is being used to try and find the father of one, of Forest Grove.
He was last seen wearing a black coat, blue t-shirt, blue jeans and blue and white trainers.
Divers are searching the River Medway for a man who has been missing for a week. Kieron Knowlden, 25, was last seen in the early hours of last Saturday when he left Mojo's bar in Barden Road, Tonbridge. The father-of-one had been on a night out with family and friends.
Leading the investigation, Acting Detective Inspector Kris Eberlein said: ‘We are continuing to search routes from where the last sighting of Kieron was and we have specialist officers conducting a river search in Tonbridge. We have also been assisted by volunteers from Kent Search and Rescue.’
Police officers in Tonbridge are continuing the search for a man who has been reported missing. Kieron Knowlden, 25, was last seen in the early hours of Saturday, March 1, having spent the night socialising with family members. He left Mojo’s bar in Barden Road, Tonbridge at around 2am.
Acting Detective Inspector Kris Eberlein said: ‘Officers are out in the local area distributing leaflets about Kieron to members of the public and we are checking to see whether there are any additional CCTV opportunities from premises which will provide clues to his movements.’
Kieron was last seen wearing a black coat, a blue t-shirt, blue jeans and blue and white trainers. If you can help contact the Tonbridge neighbourhood policing team on 101, quoting incident number 01-1249.
Police are appealing for the public's help in their search for a young man who went missing in Kent.
25-year-old Kieron Knowlden went missing on Saturday 1st March and was last seen in the early hours of the same day.
He has not been seen since he left a bar in Tonbridge and it is thought he was on his way to see his father but he never arrived.
Kieron was wearing a black coat, blue t-shirt and blue jeans when he went missing.
Police are concerned about his whereabouts and anyone with information should contact 101.
A charity football tournament has been held to mark the memory of a Kent Police officer who died last year.
Friends, family and former colleagues of Detective Sergeant Ben Turner came together on the anniversary of his death, to compete for a trophy which has been named in his honour.
The Ben Turner Cup competition was held at Tonbridge School on Saturday 15 February, exactly a year to the day after the 37 year-old died.
Ben, who was married and a father to three children, had served with Kent Police for 13 years and worked within the reactive investigation team in Tonbridge.
He was off duty when he died and an inquest into his death recorded an open verdict.
One of Ben’s closest friends, Detective Sergeant Simon Barnes said any money raised would go to St Christopher’s Hospice in London; a charity ‘close to Ben’s heart’.
Sgt Barnes said: ‘Ben is still hugely missed by us all but it was a great day to remember all the fun times that we spent with him, as well as raise money for a very worthy cause.’
Danny Turner, Ben’s brother said his family had been touched that so many people had come together to celebrate his life one year on.
The Wetherspoon's pub in Tonbridge, Kent, had to make alternative arrangements for customers who were due to tuck in to the £8.49 traditional lunch.
Staff spent the morning dealing with the flooding as well as the contingency plans, which involved phoning everyone who had made a booking.
James Harris, manager of The Humphrey Bean, said: "We've got six feet of water in our basement and no electricity. We've had to move people to other pubs.
They were sent to other branches of the pub chain in Tunbridge Wells, just over four miles away, and in Sevenoaks, more than six miles away.
One customer took to Facebook to express his dismay, but praised staff for their help.
– Clive Gray, who didn't get his Christmas dinner
Oh dear.... no Christmas dinner today as we had booked into Wetherspoons for Christmas dinner and they are flooded.
"Big up to the staff there who have called us to explain... all we say to them is nobody's fault...have a great Christmas all."
A Southampton company has been prosecuted after an outdoors activity instructor was left permanently disabled.
Joshua Senior, 25, plunged nine metres to the ground at the Rock (UK) adventure centre in Carroty Wood, near Tonbridge, Kent, on August 25 2010.
Instead of allowing Mr Senior to descend in a measured way, the rope supplied by Pfeifer Rope & Tackle Ltd simply unravelled as he stepped off a platform for a practice descent.
Mr Senior, an experienced instructor from Tunbridge Wells, suffered a broken back and was paralysed from the waist down for some six months. He slowly regained some use of his lower limbs over the following year with the help of Stoke Mandeville Hospital.
As he was regaining movement, it became clear his ankle had been crushed and his right foot had to be amputated. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) investigated and today prosecuted the company for serious safety breaches at Southampton Magistrates’ Court.
Pfiefer Rope & Tackle Ltd., of Marchwood Industrial Park, was fined £20,000 and ordered to pay £6,348 in costs after admitting breaching the Health & Safety at Work Act.