Detectives investigating a serious assault in Tunbridge Wells are renewing an appeal for witnesses by releasing images of the victim’s injuries.
Robert Reynolds suffered multiple fractures to his skull following a sustained attack in his own home, in Dorking Road on Monday 26 May. The alarm was raised by a friend who had visited the property between 5pm and 5.30pm and who found the victim lying on the floor and groaning in pain.
Before the attack Mr Reynolds, 60, had been at home watching a game of football on television, but doesn't remember letting anyone into the property. Two months on from the incident the victim has now left hospital and is recovering from his injuries. However, his mobile phone - described as having a distinctive JCB yellow cover - and his wallet are still reported to be missing.
A man who fractured a girl's eye socket in an unprovoked attack has been imprisoned for three years. The 18-year-old victim from Tunbridge Wells was attacked in April whilst with her friends at The Wharf in Tonbridge. She was punched to the right side of her face and briefly lost consciousness.
Darren Selwood, 30, of Langley Way in Kings Hill, had been seen earlier in the evening by door staff arguing with another woman. He was identified and was later arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
At Maidstone Crown Court this week, Selwood was sentenced to three years in prison after pleading guilty to GBH. Det Con Graham Hunt from Kent Police said: 'This appears to have been a completely unprovoked assault by a man who stands at nearly six foot tall against a young lady of small stature.
'His actions left her with fractures to her eye socket and cheekbone so it is quite right that Selwood should serve a prison sentence for his actions.'
Fire crews continued to damp down remaining hot spots overnight at a derelict building where a fire broke out yesterday evening. By 6:30 this morning only one fire engine remained at the scene. The building has been completely destroyed.
Those living nearby who had to evacuate their homes have now been allowed to return to their properties. An investigation is underway into the cause.
Around 40 firefighters are tackling a fire at a derelict building on Park Road, Tunbridge Wells. Surrounding buildings and neighbouring properties have been evacuated as a precaution. There are no reports of any injuries.
Police in Tunbridge Wells are liaising with schools following reports of a man acting suspiciously in the borough.
Two reports have been made this week of a man approaching a young girl and trying to engage her in conversation.
In both cases the girls involved asked the man to leave them alone, which he did.
Detectives have been carrying out enquiries and are investigating links between the incidents. Officers have been on patrol in areas where schools are based to deter any additional incidents.
In each case the girls did exactly the right thing; they told the man to leave them alone and reported it to their parents who in turn called us. No one has been harmed in any way but we are highlighting these incidents to make sure that parents speak to their children around the importance of not talking to strangers, and reporting any suspicious behaviour. We are working to identify the man involved so we can speak to him and will keep parents updated."