This winter parts of the region suffered devastating floods - but the last few years have also seen hosepipe bans and the driest summer on record. Water companies, you'll remember, said the region was facing a 'water crisis'.
Well today South East Water has announced its plans to 'future-proof' our water supply for the next 25 years - making sure that our water keeps flowing. Sarah Saunders spoke to Lee Dance from South East Water.
Sixty per cent of homes with water meters installed have seen their bills cut, according to Southern Water. More than 300,000 meters have been put in across Hampshire and Sussex since 2010, reducing bills by an average of £12 a month.
South East Water is thanking their customers for their patience as tap water supplies return to households in Sussex.
Homes in Bodiam, Ticehurst, Hurst Green, Robertsbridge and Mountfield were among the 3000 properties in East Sussex that were affected by the burst water mains on Wednesday.
We are really sorry to everyone who has been without water and would like to reassure our customers that their tap water should now be flowing again.
All of our customers in the areas affected have been brilliant and deserve a big thank you from us. Our technicians manning bottled water distribution points and customer service staff on the phones tell me that people have been very understanding and polite.
It is hard to know exactly why these burst pipes occurred but now water supplies have returned we will be investigating the incident thoroughly."
Video. How would you like to save some money? It seems we all could, if we resisted the temptation to pour it down the drain.
A report from the Energy Saving Trust says we're wasting millions by over-filling kettles, under-filling washing machines and showering for too long. Iain McBride reports.
The South East is facing a massive water shortage over the next 30 years and will need a series of radical measures to address the problem. John Ryall reports.
Thousands of homes may be without water this morning after a burst main affected the supply in Reading.
The pipe was damaged on the A33 close to the Fobney water treatment works.
Thames Water has so far had 200 calls from residents who have no water supply.
A spokesman said work was underway to reconnect homes.
He added that bottled water may be distributed if things do not improve soon.
Thames Water engineers have been able to return water supplies to more than four and a half thousand homes in Oxfordshire.
A burst water pipe caused disruption to supplies around Carterton this morning.
A spokesperson said they have been able to divert water through other parts of the network.
Around 4,300 homes are without water in the Carterton area on Oxfordshire this morning after a pipe burst.
Thames Water's on the scene of the incident in Dove Tree Road.
South East Water will start work to lay a five hundred metre pipeline in Walderslade in Chatham on Monday.
Construction will be taking place in the playing field between Fostington Way and Catkin Close and in Robin Hood Lane.
“This project is an important part of our continued investment in the water infrastructure across our region. The new pipe will ensure a top quality water supply, including better water pressure and less chance of bursts for the community.
The project is part of the Company’s five year programme of investment and should be finished by the end of September.
A water company that supplies homes in Kent and Sussex says their reservoirs are now in a healthy position thanks to the recent wet weather.
Bewl reservoir near Lamberhurst is now 91% full according to Southern Water, more than double what it was in February when it was only 41%.
The firm lifted water restrictions last month after heavier than average rainfall in April, May and early June.