A number of science labs at Southampton University are due to reopen today after closing when a student became ill with chemical poisoning.
Tests revealed the 25-year old PhD chemistry student had arsenic and the highly toxic metal thallium in his body.
The man is being treated at a specialist toxicology unit in Cardiff following the incident more than three weeks ago,
A police investigation is underway but officers say the chemicals are not transmittable and may not be connected with the university at all.
More top news
Philippa has the weather update for the east
Philippa has the weather update for the west
69 year-old Peter Sutcliffe has been photographed in The Sun on Sunday on a visit to Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey.