Firefighters were called to a blaze at a thatched cottage in Moreton near Dorchester yesterday afternoon.
Five crews attended the incident using hose reel jets to extinguish the fire and ladders to remove smouldering thatch from the roof.
Firefighters were still on the scene this morning, dampening down hotspots.
The cause of this fire is believed to be a breech in the chimney which allowed the hot flue to ignite combustible material. No one was injured.
More top news
A car dealer who called an amputee soldier a '******* cripple' and threatened to have him beaten up has been jailed.
People travelling into the capital have been getting off a stop early to walk together in remembrance of the victims of the 7/7 bombings.
Paul Dadge become the unwitting face of the 7/7 rescue effort after a picture of him helping a woman in the aftermath went around the world.