A firefighter who dealt with a fire at a motorcycle garage behind a row of shops in Southampton has praised the owner of the business for sounding the alert as soon as he knew there was a problem.
The surrounding area of Portswood Road was partially evacuated because of any potential danger from cylinders containing acetylene on the premises. Mark Raven, the station manager for Hampshire Fire & Rescue Service's Hightown fire station in Southampton said the situation is now under control.
More top news
A minute's silence will be held across the UK at midday to remember the victims killed in the Tunisia beach attack a week ago.
Police said they were closing the investigation into who sold the model and TV presenter the drugs which killed her.
A nurse who is to be honoured with OBE for running an Ebola treatment unit has described the military operation in Sierra Leone as "scary".