Campaign to avoid 'silent killer' deaths

She had just returned from her honeymoon, looking forward to a new chapter in her life. But, sadly, it was not to be. Katie Haines fell victim to an unseen, silent killer - carbon monoxide Her family have campaigned to prevent a similar tragedy. Kate Bunkall reports.

Advertisement

Call for alarms after gas death

The family of a newlywed who died from gas poisoning is calling for carbon monoxide alarms to be fitted in all homes. Katie Haines was overcome by fumes from a leaking boiler at her home in Wokingham two years ago.