A Flood Warning has been issued by the Environment Agency for the River Thames at Datchet. Flooding is expected for the River Thames at Datchet including Slough Road, Eton Road, Horton Road, Frogmore, Datchet Golf Course and Datchet Common This evening. Immediate action required.
River levels will continue to rise over the next couple of days in response to the recent rainfall. Property flooding is expected to begin this evening. This will affect some low lying properties close to the river.
The Weather prospects are: Tuesday will see showers throughout the day with some heavier isolated rain in places, followed by a drier day on Wednesday with scattered showers.
- Act now to protect yourself and your property.
- If it's safe to do so, block doors with flood boards or sandbags and cover airbricks and other ventilation holes.
- If you are caught in a flash flood, get to higher ground. Stay away from flood water and don't take risks.
- Move family, pets and valuables to a safe place.
- Keep a flood kit ready including a torch, batteries, fully charged mobile phone, warm clothes, water, food and any prescription medicines you need.
- If it's safe, make sure your neighbours are aware of the situation and offer help to anyone who need it.
- Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.
- Turn off gas, electricity and water if your property is about to flood. Never touch an electrical switch if you are standing in water.
- Call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 for up-to-date flooding information.
More top news
The latest weather for the east with Philippa
The latest weather for the west with Philippa
A group of divers have commemorated one century since the end of World War One by hanging a plaque on the bow of a shipwreck off Shoreham.