A leading Kent hospital went into 'lockdown' today - the latest casualty of the rapid spread of norovirus. The Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital at Margate has closed four wards to new admissions and quarantined exisiting patients.
A deep-clean of the hospital is now underway. The QEQM and two other east Kent Hospitals - the William Harvey and the Kent & Canterbury - are urging visitors, especially children, to stay away unless absolutely necessary.
In Sussex - the Royal Sussex in Brighton and the Princess Royal in Haywards Heath have had to close 15 wards since last month - all but one has now reopened.
Meanwhile, dozens of holidaymakers from the south-east have told of their ordeal aboard a cruise ship struck by norovirus, the so-called winter vomiting bug. David Johns reports.
More top news
The Guildford Hackney Association says a sudden decision by the council to reduce some licence fees proves historic overcharging.
A mum who claims she was asked by an air steward to either stop breastfeeding or cover up her baby, says staff need to be better trained.
Thursday night's weather for the east of the region